123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Microphone question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wizardgold

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:28 pm    Post subject: Microphone question Reply with quote

What do you do in order to use a microphone on the Mini?

And how do you get around ther only being 2 uSB ports?

How well does the Dell 2005FPW 20 inch screen work with the mini?
Gary Powers

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Microphone question Reply with quote

wizardgold wrote:
What do you do in order to use a microphone on the Mini?

And how do you get around ther only being 2 uSB ports?

How well does the Dell 2005FPW 20 inch screen work with the mini?

I don't believe the mike is possible, wiz, but a 4 or 7 port usb hub handles the other problem.

gary
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can use a Griffin iMic or USB microphone.
wizardgold

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:12 am    Post subject: Looks like it is the Mac Mini for me Reply with quote

I will go for the Griffin thing for the adding of a mic. Looks like it will do the job well.

Still undecided about the monitor though. Here in Spain the 2005 FPW 20 inch will cost me 685 euro even though it is discounted from what it was. You are getting a better deal in the USA. The same happens with the Apple site too. Everything is more expensive. To just do a proper exchange conversion from the dollar price would be very good.

I did see a Sony monitor in a local shop today though - a Sony with DVI input for 329 euro. Would probably be better than a similar price monitor of 19in without the DVI input.

Still highly tempted by the Dell monitor though seeing as they are recommended by people in here.
sincil

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:52 am    Post subject: Re: Looks like it is the Mac Mini for me Reply with quote

wizardgold wrote:
I will go for the Griffin thing for the adding of a mic. Looks like it will do the job well.

Yep, get one! I got one to digitise my audio tapes (it has line-in also). Also the sound output is of a better quality than the internal sound.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: