123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New switchr by next week but worried
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> New Users and Switchers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
YIC

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:32 pm    Post subject: New switchr by next week but worried Reply with quote

Hello, I am going to get a Mac Mini (at my doorstep) next week. I am just a bit worried though. Does anyone know when a Mac Mini upgrade would come (roughly) as I have already ordered If there is an update, could someone what they think it will be?
Gary Powers

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: New switchr by next week but worried Reply with quote

YIC wrote:
Hello, I am going to get a Mac Mini (at my doorstep) next week. I am just a bit worried though. Does anyone know when a Mac Mini upgrade would come (roughly) as I have already ordered If there is an update, could someone what they think it will be?

What is your concern about upgrades?

Gary
YIC

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am just a bit worried that I will get a Mac Mini next week but there could be a hardware upgrade very soon aftrerwards which would be annoying as I would have already paid the money.
iMav
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YIC wrote:
I am just a bit worried that I will get a Mac Mini next week but there could be a hardware upgrade very soon aftrerwards which would be annoying as I would have already paid the money.

I doubt you'll see a second generation Mac Mini before year's end (or later!).
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
zimmerman

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mavherzog wrote:
YIC wrote:

I doubt you'll see a second generation Mac Mini before year's end (or later!).

Do you think Apple is going to stop making the mini? A year between updates would kill any momentum.
sincil

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YIC wrote:

Yeah, although when buying any technology these days, its going to be out of date as soon as you've bought it - of course that holds true for PCs etc also. If you were that worried, why didn't you hold off buying one?

Yes its easier to judge when to buy an Apple product because of their release schedules, but my opinion is that it is still too soon for a new rev of the mini - maybe nearer Xmas time.

And anyway, even if a new rev comes out, big deal - you've still got a great computer!
YIC

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks everyone. I was just so desparate that I went for the 1.42 GH and the 512 MB and the 80GB. I am really looking forward to it. Very Happy
DellApple

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YIC wrote:
thanks everyone. I was just so desparate that I went for the 1.42 GH and the 512 MB and the 80GB. I am really looking forward to it. Very Happy

Welcome to the Mac Mini community. I'm a switcher too. Although I do have Windows XP on my Mac so I can run BallStat. I wish they had a good baseball stat package for the Mac but they don't.

Worrying about whether your Mini will be upgraded after you get it can drive you nuts. Don't let it bother you as it always happens and you can't do anything to change it. My rule of thumb is to NOT look at computer ads for 3 months after I purchase a new one for fear I see a better deal (or its upgraded) elsewhere.
AmativeSound

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I was kind of worried about them updating right after I bought mine too. But you know, the mini is a really nice computer no matter what. Even if they do update I will still have the same sweet beautiful mini.

But it would be better with a 64MB or more video card... Smile

Can't wait for July
MacPredict.com

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YIC wrote:

That model will probably still be around after the next update anyway, as the new base model, so I wouldn't think there's anything to worry about!
bubba

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about this: wait a week to order?
andp

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forget a week. I wouldn't buy a mini until Apple updates it. Most Apple update cycles are running between 6-9 months. My guess is there will be a new mini before the end of July.
YIC

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to let you know, I got my Mac Mini on Thursday and it is working like a dream and I mean it. To everyone, if you really want a machine don't wait, just get it. I wouldn't give this advice if there was an update coming out in a few weeks or a month.

I love my Mac Mini Smile
DellApple

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YIC wrote:
Just to let you know, I got my Mac Mini on Thursday and it is working like a dream and I mean it. To everyone, if you really want a machine don't wait, just get it. I wouldn't give this advice if there was an update coming out in a few weeks or a month.

I love my Mac Mini Smile

Good job! Totally agree! I love my Mini also!
radiohed

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 4:13 pm    Post subject: Mac Mini wait or buy now? Reply with quote

I finally decided to go ahead and buy a mac mini last week. I ordered it from the Apple Store and there is a 6-8 business day wait for it. It seems that any custom configuration has the same waiting period. I got a 1.25 with Superdrive, 256 and 80GB hard drive. Does anyone think that this 6-8 day ship date could mean that an update is in the works? Either way, I will be happy with my new mini and look forward to using it. I ordered 1GB of ram from NewEgg for $87 and will update the memory myself. I decided not to wait until the next update on the mini but I expect it will happen before the end August at the latest.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> New Users and Switchers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: