123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Equinux Releases MediaCentral 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thekonuskid

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks curt. i thought about trying it that way to begin with (because i *did* see it on their site), but i was worried that it would invalidate my previously paid-for install of 2.0 and i didn't really want to risk 30 bucks just to test any theories. so the deed is done and i now have the update. running smoothly!
wyzard

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again.

I also noticed that the movies in the My Movies folder (I have an alias from my network drive) don't show in alphabetical order.

Thanks.
curt
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thekonuskid wrote:
thanks curt. i thought about trying it that way to begin with (because i *did* see it on their site), but i was worried that it would invalidate my previously paid-for install of 2.0 and i didn't really want to risk 30 bucks just to test any theories. so the deed is done and i now have the update. running smoothly!

By the way, you may be on to something. I just noticed tonight that update button doesn't seem to be working correctly. It's definitely not sending anything out over my router to go out and check. Confused

wyzard wrote:
1. The navigation seems slow. I'm using the apple remote and it takes some time for it to move from one movie to the next. Is normal or is there a way I can fix it?

That is normal. I don't know of any way to adjust the speed.
thekonuskid

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm sure you've all noticed by now.... but 2.0.2 is out already Smile
thekonuskid

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

although....i should point out that even after two updates, i'm still having problems doing it with what should be the 'right way' of updating it.... via the automatic updates/check for updates menu item under the media central section of system preferences. i still can't get that to show any sign of response to my endless clicking. maybe i have something set with my firewall to where it doesn't allow that program to communicate? anybody else figure it out yet (and that goes for you, too, curt!)
curt
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thekonuskid wrote:
although....i should point out that even after two updates, i'm still having problems doing it with what should be the 'right way' of updating it.... via the automatic updates/check for updates menu item under the media central section of system preferences. i still can't get that to show any sign of response to my endless clicking. maybe i have something set with my firewall to where it doesn't allow that program to communicate? anybody else figure it out yet (and that goes for you, too, curt!)

The check now button still doesn't seem to be working and having the check for updates periodically checked didn't catch 2.0.2. As a matter of fact, I didn't even know about 2.0.2 until I saw your post. I'm going to buzz them off an email.
thekonuskid

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think i'll do the same.... "there's strength in numbers" Smile i'm just glad i'm not the only one having problems. otherwise... i absolutely love the program.
imfullofit

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went ahead and bought this because I was so happy with the last version. I have noticed many improvements like being able to speed through my music library of 40,000 songs now and for me the spinning circle shows up for much shorter periods of time. I am using a keyspan remote with an old PPC mac mini and this is a really great solution. I also was really impressed by all the content links included and was thinking that it would be worth paying for upgrades to get all those great links to media out there on the web. At this point this is a solid program and takes care of all my needs for a mac mini media station that is hooked up to my TV.
wyzard

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do I need to do to have Media Central play my .WMV files on my Intel mini?

Please provide some help.

Thanks.
curt
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wyzard wrote:
What do I need to do to have Media Central play my .WMV files on my Intel mini?

Please provide some help.

Thanks.

Universal v2.1 just out.

http://www.flip4mac.com/wmv_download.htm
marianopardo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

without ac3 support I´ll never buy it!!!!!!
Mad
curt
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thekonuskid wrote:

I think 2.1 has fixed the issue with checking for updates. I see some traffic going out now over my router when I click it.
ismewor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just install the 2.0.2 as well. however i can't seem to able to get .rmvb extention to work. can someone help Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: