123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

how far is too far (question about loading the slot)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thekonuskid

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 2:21 am    Post subject: how far is too far (question about loading the slot) Reply with quote

hey all,

how far should i have to shove (or 'gently push,' rather) a disc into the slot loader before the mac recognizes it and sucks it deep into it's magical mac-land? i have to push my discs in about 85-90 percent of the way before it is violently sucked it into the drive. is that normal that i have to push it in so far? or is something gone awry? don't get me wrong... it still sucks in the disc (or jerks it out of my hand, rather, very willingly) Smile-- it just requires me doing about 90% of the pushing before the 'suck mechanism' takes over for the final 10%.... i just thought maybe it was supposed to be drawn-in a bit sooner than that. thoughts? thanks.

sincerely,
the konus kid

and by the way.... this is my first bite of an apple, and the old saying is indeed true: once you go mac, you never go back.
LouieMacGoo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off Welcome to the world of Mac. Very Happy Enjoy the stay!!! Laughing

My mini is the same way. The disk needs to be pushed in almost all the way (90-95%) before it is grabbed on to. I have worked on some older slot loading iMacs that were the same way so it really isn't anything to be concerned with as far as I can see.
G3 iMac DV 400mhz 512mg RAM 40gb HD, SuperDrive
Follow me http://twitter.com/louiemacgoo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine takes with the disk sticking out about a 1/4-inch. I don't think you have anything to worry about.
iLife's a Bitch!
sincil

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

g5g5 wrote:
Mine takes with the disk sticking out about a 1/4-inch. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Likewise, mine does the same.
Also, the machanism sounds really noisy! I was shocked at first, but then I've got used to it. - Its partly because the rest of the machine is so quiet! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: