123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

External 200GB HDD $100

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Accessories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
outlaw20

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 10:48 pm    Post subject: External 200GB HDD $100 Reply with quote

I have been debating whether or not i shoudl get an external hdd for my independent film group as they would like to start taking advantage of my iMovie and or final cut pro. I decided to go the cheaper route, get an external case and an internal hdd.

The case came in, it feels strong, and although only weighing in at $5 plus shipping it seems like a worthy buy. My HDD will be coming in tomorrow, i will hook everything up, plug it in and let you guys know how it works. I got a 200GB maxtor with 8MB buffer and 7200 RPM. Sounds pretty good. Pics will also be shown tomorrow.
External 200GB Maxtor Drive
Soon*External DVD burner
ahh

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey outlaw. Did the HDD come in yet? I've been thinking about doing this for a month or so now. I have an external 120, but need more. Let us know how your project turns out. And we all love pictures.

Good luck.
outlaw20

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been putting tons of files onto it and it does warm up, but this is my first external HDD so, it might just feel too warm for me. It does work, very easy setup. If you find a cheap case with a fan included id get that, but mine only heats up if im transferring large files/lots of files. 4GB and up and it starts to feel warm, not hot.
External 200GB Maxtor Drive
Soon*External DVD burner
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Accessories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: