123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mini Overheating?!?!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Upgrading
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MacAttack

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 1:31 am    Post subject: Mini Overheating?!?! Reply with quote

Ok, here is the story. Lately the fan on my mini has been going crazy when I'm doing "simple" tasks such as browsing the web, starting up MSN and then the mini just goes to sleep without any warning. Maybe a saftey feature to keep the mini from overheating?

I upgraded to 1GB and thought that maybe this might be the issue so I replaced it with the original 256 stick. Same problem.

I ran the hardware test utility and the software thought it was a logic board issue. Which I don't think it is. Error code 2STH/1/2:CPU BOTTOMSIDE. I didn't find any information on this error code on google. Any idea?

Has anyone else experienced this annoying problem? Everything is fine just as long as I am not doing anything too intense.

I don't feel like going down to the apple store becuase they will just ship it out and blah, blah, blah! Because from my experience they don't really know too much, therefore shouldn't be given the label of genius... Very Happy

Thanks...
castaway

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2STH/1/2:CPU BOTTOMSIDE. It may be a heat sensor.

I would bring your mini in for service asap, even though it's a pain in the ass. Apple will give you better service since your computer is newer. Plus you can't feel good about putting data on it!
MacAttack

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I guess I better take it in. Better safe than sorry.

Too bad there is not a water cooling system for the mini. I might just have to develop one!!

Right now it's more of a juke box and serves as eye candy for company.
MacAttack

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 5:31 am    Post subject: Might have found the problem? Reply with quote

Seems that it could be a problem with the heat sink not being secured. I'll have to take mini apart and check it out.

http://discusssearch.info.apple.com/webx?14@632.rjzjayLq1CA.64257@.68b0cfc9/7
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Upgrading All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: