123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple anounces new educational imacs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Desktops
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hdsalinas

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:05 pm    Post subject: Apple anounces new educational imacs Reply with quote

Hi I just noticed that apple has anouced its new line of emacs which is pretty much a striped down imac at a good price ($899)

http://www.apple.com/education/imac/specs.html

If you have a monitor, I think that a mac mini core due is a better deal because you get the super drive

Current PC: (yes a PC, But I am getting a mac soon)
P4 2.4ghz (Northwood)
1 GB Ram, 40GB HDD, CD/DVD+RW
slickrick

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife and I bought a Core Duo mini a month or two ago with her educational discount and we have no regrets. I'm pretty sure that we still would have purchased the Mac mini because of our negative experiences with our old iMac.
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the eMacs would be cheaper. I'm not going to pass judgment yet because I have not compared them to an iMac.
wallah

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've pretty much decided to go with the education iMac over a Mini core duo. I want the regular iMac, but can't afford it.

The way I see it, compared to the Mini Duo, I get a faster processor and hard drive, a nice monitor, iSight and keyboard/mouse. Now, I have Win98 P133 with a failing CRT monitor, so I need a monitor and a keyboard anyway (got a USB mouse already).

What I lose over the Mini Duo is not burning DVDs (cheap add-on later at 16x vs. 8x), no remote or Bluetooth which are not big priorities in my personal dollars-to-benefits calculation.

I'm not saying this is the best choice for everyone buying a new Mac, but it will work for me to get back into the Mac universe. (My last Mac was a PowerBook 160-remember those?)
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apple giveth and Apple taketh away.

http://www.macnn.com/articles/06/07/12/educational.imac.removed/
iLife's a Bitch!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Desktops All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: