123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mac OS X 10.3.8 Update Released [Updated]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac OS X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:52 pm    Post subject: Mac OS X 10.3.8 Update Released [Updated] Reply with quote

The 10.3.8 Update is now available as a software downlad from Apple:
The 10.3.8 Update delivers improved compatibility and reliability for Mac OS X v10.3 "Panther" and is recommended for all users.

Key updates include:
- improved OpenGL technology and updated ATI and NVIDIA graphics drivers
- improved file sharing and directory services for mixed Mac and PC networks
- improved compatibility for third party applications and devices
- previous standalone security updates

For detailed information on this Update, please visit this website: http://www.info.apple.com/kbnum/n300569

For detailed information on Security Updates, please visit this website: http://www.info.apple.com/kbnum/n61798

SHA 1= 68a133a0c21718169e8b09644d0a029ae7eae2e2

For detailed information on SHA 1 Digest, please visit this website: http://www.info.apple.com/kbnum/n75510

The update is now available in Software Update, and weighs in at 27.7 MB.

[Update] The 10.3.8 Update took 10 minutes to install on a 1.42GHz Mini with 256MB RAM. We have a DSL line that averages 1.2Mbps. The Update does require a system restart. No problems with Mini after update. We did notice a slight performance increase with Mail. [/Update]

Last edited by admin on Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:40 pm; edited 4 times in total
bubba

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonder if that video update addresses the lines that some folks are having on LCD's on their minis?

Quote:

Improves DVD Player compatibility when playing a movie (using certain ATI Radeon cards) to an external widescreen TV with a 16:9 aspect ratio

EDIT: Word is that this update didn't fix anything.
billabong

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bubba wrote:
Wonder if that video update addresses the lines that some folks are having on LCD's on their minis?

Quote:

Improves DVD Player compatibility when playing a movie (using certain ATI Radeon cards) to an external widescreen TV with a 16:9 aspect ratio

EDIT: Word is that this update didn't fix anything.

I worry more and more about Tiger everyday. 32MB what was I thinking! Rolling Eyes JK!

Update went smooth Mail seems faster.
bubba

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way I look at it... Panther should be as fast as it was on my PB 1.5, and supposedly Tiger is supposed to be faster. I'm not worried about these frilly effects that everyone is bitching about not working. When the price of the G5's comes down, I'll buy, but for now, I'll make due...

STILL waiting for my mini to ship....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac OS X All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: