123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NewerTech cuts prices on miniStack V2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:46 am    Post subject: NewerTech cuts prices on miniStack V2 Reply with quote

NewerTech cuts prices on miniStack V2
Thursday, June 29, 2006

NewerTech today announced lower prices on its full line of miniStack V2 FireWire and USB 2.0 combo storage solutions with integrated port expansion hub, and a "Sizzling Summer Sales Special" on the 500GB model slashing prices nearly $100 less than other comparable designs on the market.

The miniStack has gained fame and popularity as the industry's first ever, external FireWire 400/USB 2.0 single-drive solution that also integrates added USB 2.0 and FireWire powered ports. The NewerTech storage solution was named Accessory of the Year by 123Macmini, Top Product by MacWorld, and Editor's Choice by MacAddict.

Offered in capacities from 80GB to an unparalleled 750GB with up to 16MB data cache, all miniStack V2 models feature a high speed Oxford 911-Plus based custom bridge and are packaged with everything needed for immediate plug-and-play operation: FireWire and USB cabling, Intech HD Speedtools utility suite, EMC Retrospect backup software, and a full 2-year NewerTech Warranty.

Price reductions on NewerTech miniStack V2 are:
- 80GB 7200RPM w/2MB Buffer was $129.00 now $124.99
- 160GB 7200RPM w/8MB Buffer was $149.99 now $139.99
- 250GB 7200RPM w/8MB Buffer was $179.99 now $175.00
- 320GB 7200RPM w/16MB Buffer was $209.99 now $199.00
- 400GB 7200RPM w/16MB Buffer was $299.99 now $279.99
- 500GB 7200RPM w/16MB Buffer was $419.99 now $299.00 "Sizzlin' Summer Deal"
- 750GB 7200RPM w/16MB Buffer was $599.99, now $559.99

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/494.html

Last edited by admin on Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NewerTech just keeps on doing thing right. I'm impressed with them.
slickrick

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandit Bill wrote:

Bandit, did you end up buying a MiniStack? I sort of remembered you went with the LaCie mini drive.
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

slickrick wrote:
Bandit Bill wrote:

Bandit, did you end up buying a MiniStack? I sort of remembered you went with the LaCie mini drive.

I purchased the LaCie drive. It was on clearance at my local retailer.
I prefer the 1st gen LaCie, due to no fan.

Newertech is marketing their products to the small single user better than LaCie. The ability to purchase the case alone is a big plus.
slickrick

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandit Bill wrote:

I purchased the LaCie drive. It was on clearance at my local retailer.
I prefer the 1st gen LaCie, due to no fan.

Good deal! I need to start looking around for a new external drive for all these pictures I'm taking. Those 6MP pics from my new Nikon D50 look great, but they are starting to take up some serious hard drive space. What capacity did you get? How much did you end up paying for it?
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

160GB for $150 CDN or $135 USD.

If you are storing movies you might want to go bigger. They sure fill up a drive quickly. I wish I had a DVD burner. I might have to spring for a pioneer K-06 some day.
slickrick

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandit Bill wrote:
If you are storing movies you might want to go bigger. They sure fill up a drive quickly. I wish I had a DVD burner. I might have to spring for a pioneer K-06 some day.

I'm not really into ripping movies or taking home movies, but I hear ya on that one. Why don't you start looking around for a nice external DVD burner? The support in OS X for external burners is way better than it was a year or two ago.
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's so fun to kill a thread Smile . Oh well... not much to say about a price drop.

I have looked at the LaCie external burners, but they are sort of pricey. They do have some refurbs on the LaCie site for a good price now. I've almost bought one a few times. The biggest reason I have not, is all the clutter, cables and power supplies. The internal is slick. (just like Rick Smile ).

I'm waiting on the MacPro's, before I sink more money into a 1 year old G4 mini. I doubt I'll buy a MacPro though, unless they have an affordable entry level unit. Which I highly doubt. I do want to weigh my options though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: