123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

macbook bandwagon thread

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Notebooks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
splen

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:59 am    Post subject: macbook bandwagon thread Reply with quote

My macbook came! (white 2.0 with stock specs)

I am very impressed
I've only had a chance to play with it for a few hours but so far

-no moo
-no whine
-slight noise with ac adapter plugged in (I have to press my head right up against the keyboard and strain to hear it in a silent room though)
-HD sooo quiet!
-screen VERY bright, viewing angle and evenness as expected on laptop screen
-runs warm but not offensively so
-the extra screen res is so nice after my old 14inch ibook!

nothing bad to say as yet
Having said that, tonight I install CS2, logic and quark so I get to see how rosetta behaves (fingers crossed!)

Very Happy
iMav
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got the white 1.83 GHz model. Upgraded to 2GB of ram and a 120GB hdd.
- no moo
- no whine
- NO AC adapter noise
- glossy screen less annoying than I thought it would be. (and DEFINITELY brighter than my old 12" iBook)
- Both the original and my replacement hdd's are whisper quiet (of course, I am, literally, half deaf...so take that with a grain of salt!)
- a bit warmer than my iBook. But has not stopped me from using it on my lap with shorts on for long periods of time.
- extra screen res IS nice (over the iBook)...but I still enjoy spanning to an external display when I am at home.

The one bad... 3 dead pixels. Sad
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
slickrick

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iMav wrote:
The one bad... 3 dead pixels. Sad

Errrrr... I hate hearing that! Where are they on the screen?
jbstingray
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, high contrast coated panels are very tough to manufacture without some flaws. I went through 5 Sony panels before I got a good one with no dead pixels. That is why Apple is holding off on the ACD to have it - 30in panels are hard to make to begin with, and it will only make it harder.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
slickrick

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jbstingray wrote:
Unfortunately, high contrast coated panels are very tough to manufacture without some flaws. I went through 5 Sony panels before I got a good one with no dead pixels.

I have a 19" Sony LCD with Xbrite and must have lucked out. No dead pixels on the first one. Did you keep sending these back to the same company? Did they give you any trouble? I've heard Apple isn't as kind with dead pixels.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Notebooks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: