123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mac Mini, iPod Nano, and Dock?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nightbirdSF

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:22 am    Post subject: Mac Mini, iPod Nano, and Dock? Reply with quote

I'm planning on buying an Intel Mac Mini and an iPod Nano. Apple sells an iPod Nano Dock and a Universal Dock, which works with the Remote Control included with the Mini. The Universal Dock is $10 more than the Nano Dock.

The Dock will be connected to the Mini, which in turn will be connected to a 2.1 speaker system. There would be no home stereo. Is there any advantage to getting the Universal Dock? What will using the remote control with the Nano do for me here? I suppose I can connect the Line Out of the Universal Dock to the Audio In of the Mini...

Thanks!
Donut

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well if ur getting an Intel Mini, then you dont really need a universal dock, because you can just connect speakers to ur Mac Mini and use Front Row so you can use the remote to control ur iTunes.
OS X 10.4.11
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> iPods All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: