123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PPC based Mac owner starting to feel left behind

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:16 am    Post subject: PPC based Mac owner starting to feel left behind Reply with quote

Any other PPC based Mac owners out there starting to feel left behind? My signature is starting to look dated! Laughing
iLife's a Bitch!
Cory Cooper
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Other than the recent purchase of my ICBm, I wasn't feeling left behind. I still use my 8600, G4 mini, Xserve, QS 2002, and G5 every day.

Wink
VT N0362 2x2 G5; 4GB
Xserve (SL) 2x1.33 G4; 2GB
QS 2002 2x1 G4; 1.5GB
128K 8 68000
8 other Macs and an Apple //e
greg
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope. Left behind in what way? Is your PPC serving you well? Any issues? I'm perfectly content to let others deal with any first-release Intel Mac issues. And I haven't the slightest desire to inflict Windows upon my Mac. I probably won't upgrade again until such time as some "killer application" drives me to do so. For now my G4 handles everything I need it to do. Even then, when that time comes, I'm wondering if I will sell my mini or hold on to one of the "last of the G4 era". Most likely the kids will inherit it.
Dell 1905FP
Logitech Wave Cordless Desktop
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

greg wrote:
I probably won't upgrade again until such time as some "killer application" drives me to do so. For now my G4 handles everything I need it to do.

I think the entire computer industry is waiting and searching for that application. Laughing
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:49 am    Post subject: Re: PPC based Mac owner starting to feel left behind Reply with quote

g5g5 wrote:
Any other PPC based Mac owners out there starting to feel left behind? My signature is starting to look dated! Laughing

Not at all.
I haven't purchased one piece of software for my Mac. There is more free software for the PPC model than I could install in a lifetime.

Last edited by Bandit Bill on Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
iMav
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:36 am    Post subject: Re: PPC based Mac owner starting to feel left behind Reply with quote

g5g5 wrote:

We've got one PPC Mac left in the house and that is my wife's 17" iMac G5. Smile
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been more than happy to sit back and let the early adopters be the beta testers for us all, but I feel like I'm getting behind the curve on certain things. Plus, I would like to mess around Parallels Desktop and have fully functional copy of Front Row with the Apple Remote. My Mac mini and iMac are stable as hell and well appreciated. I'm just growing antsy and want to feel some of that Intel performance. On the bright side, by the time I'm ready to buy, most of the systems should all have Meroms. Very Happy
iLife's a Bitch!
Din

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, just a bit since I have a 512MB 1.42, and got my wife a 2GB Core Duo. Well maybe a lot then.
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are feeling left behind, go back and read old posts on this forum from about a year back. Might I recommend April 29th 2005.

Apparently the G4 mini's and Tiger were the best thing since slice bread.

I recommend you listen to this podcast by Sinbad. It will make you feel much better about what you currently own and it is very entertaining.
http://hotarchive-01m01.libsyn.com/mHdpeJl2nnaWeWd4ZHqaopmsYHLE/podcasts/maccast/MG20050515-Sinbad-Keynote.mp3
(ignore the poor audio quality as someone repositions the mic at the beginning)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: