123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Movies/CDs ... new or used?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

New or Used?
New only
100%
 100%  [ 4 ]
Used only .. more for my money
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

miTunes75

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 2:31 pm    Post subject: Movies/CDs ... new or used? Reply with quote

I tend to like things on the new side Smile I ilke having my cd collection look like it's right off the shelves of tower records or something. Same thing with movies, too. When you open the dvd or jewel case and look at the cds, NO scratches or imperfections whatsoever. I'm very anal about how my media looks.

So, I do tend to purchased brand new items. It costs more, but I guess it helps my ego a little bit. However, I haven't bought a thing since trying to save for the mini ... (god i need new music!)

The only time I run into one of the two kick-butt used cd stores in town is when it's out of print and can't be purchased... then usually, one of the two stores have it Twisted Evil
Cory Cooper
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I much prefer new everything. I will buy used media, as you said when they are out-of-print, but normally just cruise for the sales.
VT N0362 2x2 G5; 4GB
Xserve (SL) 2x1.33 G4; 2GB
QS 2002 2x1 G4; 1.5GB
128K 8 68000
8 other Macs and an Apple //e
MiniMoe
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many of mine are used and used by me for only a short time... from the public library.
Apple USB Modem (for faxing), Bose Companion 2 Speakers
2.0GHz white MacBook 1GB/80GB
miTunes75

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's wierd for me, though.

It's kinda like a kid at Christmas when I'm opening up a brand new DVD or CD. I carefully look through the dvd booklet (when there actually is one) and I love the liner notes on CDs.

I have a cool surround system that sounds FANTASTIC for movies and/or music dvds (concerts, etc). But if I put a cd into it there is NO Eq at all - so it doesn't sound the best. But when I play music through the pc or ipod into it ... it's FANTASTIC again Smile So, I actually don't listen to my cds on the cd player. I rip them to lossless then go for it at that point. But the first listen with the liner notes and the graphics on the booklet makes a great experience.

And.. knowing that you take care of your stuff and the media is flawless ... PRICELESS
nightstriker424

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

havent bought a cd in 5 years

my music has been downloaded
4gig Nano
splen

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted new for preference. When I buy a CD it only ever gets opened once, and that's so I can add it to my iTunes! this is more of a convenience thing than anything else but the upshot of which is that I have a whole collection of prettymuch new CDs!

I have toyed with the idea of doing the same thing with my DVDs but I think I would neen too many FW disks! Confused
Din

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have many used CDs, and no used DVDs, out of hundreds of both. So the poll had no option for me to choose.

Stems from the fact that CDs are horribly and completely unjusitfiably priced at retail, whereas I think $16-18 for a DVD (generally buy at a discount on release day) is a completely fair price.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: