123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

reasons why not to stay up all night

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dungeon92
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 4:59 am    Post subject: reasons why not to stay up all night Reply with quote

Just a list of reason's why not to stay up all night since I can't sleep (I have a sleeping disorder) I couldn't think of anything else to do until I got this really bad headache and random spasms.

1. it's not natural.

2. if you can sleep do it and you'll feel much better than I will today.

3. you get no benefit, unless you are being paid to do a job.

4. you can get headaches really bad ones too.

5. you might get random muscle spasms.

6. you might get a numb head and face (I can, but it happens after the second day of no sleep).

7. you just shouldn't since you can't think to well (I did some horrible stuff I regret a while ago).

8. I'm out of reasons and my head hurts so you can add your own if you want and don't fight it you know that it's not a good idea at all to for no reason stay up all night.

now to go yell a birds for not shutting up at 5:00a.m. when the Sun's not even out.

P.S. 9. you get really easy to aggitate and you willl act on impulse at some point.

"When history is forgotten people don't realize when it repeats."

Going to Missouri S&T!!
Cory Cooper
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel your pain.

I also have a sleeping disorder and suffer from cluster headaches.

What kind of pain did you experience from the headache?
VT N0362 2x2 G5; 4GB
Xserve (SL) 2x1.33 G4; 2GB
QS 2002 2x1 G4; 1.5GB
128K 8 68000
8 other Macs and an Apple //e
dungeon92
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:16 pm    Post subject: throbbing Reply with quote

My headache are more of a throbbing pain, but I also get entirely random spasms during the day, but at night they get much worse and I can't supress them at all. Now, for when my head and face go numb I don't kow how that happens, but it sometimes means I can't smell, and very rarely speak properly (it has only happened 2 times). Also, I sometimes have my muscles tense up so much that I can't move them, but it only lasts about 3 seconds.

Going to Missouri S&T!!
kenbodude

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. After reading your posts I am very glad I do not have trouble sleeping. It is unfortunate that you guys have to go through it.
dungeon92
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:44 pm    Post subject: used to it Reply with quote

I'm used to it though, but I remembered another symptom now, my right side hurts to take deep breathes, but that may just be from only having a third of my right lung after it was infected and had to be removed to get rid of it. It was empyema I had and I got it after I just had pnumonia and the antibiotics I was given I built up an immunity to (I had strep the week before and just got rid of it) I also had my tonsles removed since it was my 9th case of strep since I was 4 and I was only 7 at the time, but the other times were cured really fast and didn't take even a week that time it took two. Also, I have seasonal asthma which is when only alergies can trigger it (got that at 5) and it's Summer.

Going to Missouri S&T!!
Din

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Semi constant travel to Tokyo has screwed up my sleeping pattern for a couple of years. I can adjust instantly to Tokyo time, but return to USA is hit or miss, with several weeks on consequences for miss. By which time I have to go back again.
xmen65
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suffered from migraines and cluster headaches for a long time before I reached out for medical treatment. My doctor put me on Inderal around 6 months ago and they have virtually disappeared.
dungeon92
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:34 pm    Post subject: well I finally got to sleep after 2 days Reply with quote

I fell asleep at 6:30 a.m. finally after 2 days, but no matter how long I go without sleep I'll only sleep upto 6 hours, unless I'm sick. And this brings up another thing if I go to long I'll just crash somewhere, before school was out I once just sort of passed out during English, since it wasn't gradual my head just hit my desk and I was out for 30 minutes, but this was also during our 1 mile runs in P.E. that week so it sucked. The thing is though I normally have some control over it, but stress makes me lose control of it and we had to do a research paper (10-15 pages and was 75% of our quarterly grade), then a Greek Gods assignment that needed to be a 6 slide presentation (we had a week so not to bad), then a 10 slide culture assignment (only 3 days and I did Russia so it couldn't find a recipe), then I was valedictorian, plus I was supposed to get my college course final grades that month. This is one reason I got IBS at 12 stress, and lots of it, but my mom and my grandpa didn't get the slightest of it till after 40, so I'm way to stressed out a lot even in the Summer from a job I have and I have to do some programming for fun, but it doesn't work right so that is frustration really. Well, anyway I have a nice streak of medical disasters, the only good is that I don't have acne anymore, since the bacteria in my body are highly resistant to a book worth of antibiotics and treatments that have little downside, so instead I get the experimental or risky treatments for stuff, and I keep having random fevers that no one can explain so I'm making sure I won't sleep again for a while. Well, this has been a nice ramble and just incase you're wondering I'm only 14 and I have been assigned advanced high school classes and I'm the only freshmen in my P.E. hour that has been notorios for being mostly Juniors and Seniors.

Going to Missouri S&T!!
miTunes75

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't believe in the word, dungeon, however, I'm not trying to pull out a "religious" card on you when I say that I'll keep you in my prayers. You're going through so much at age 14, my heart goes out to you buddy. You're obviously a strong person.

God Bless
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: