123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best PC emulator for intel mac

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Alternative Operating Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dilla

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:00 am    Post subject: Best PC emulator for intel mac Reply with quote

Hello,

I have a program I use occasionally for work that is a PC only program I don't want to install windowes on my mac just an emulator its a fairly lightweight program just wondering what the best emulator would be to use thanks
Cory Cooper
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What Mac do you have and what app are you trying to run?
VT N0362 2x2 G5; 4GB
Xserve (SL) 2x1.33 G4; 2GB
QS 2002 2x1 G4; 1.5GB
128K 8 68000
8 other Macs and an Apple //e
iMav
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Best PC emulator for intel mac Reply with quote

Dilla wrote:
I have a program I use occasionally for work that is a PC only program I don't want to install windowes on my mac just an emulator its a fairly lightweight program just wondering what the best emulator would be to use thanks

You'll still have to install a full copy of the nasty, but Parallels is the way to go for PC virtualization on the Intel Macs.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dilla

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a mac mini and its a program called formflow its a document database program that many large organizations such as governments use who have their own standardized forms for their organization.
kaidomac
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dilla wrote:
I have a mac mini and its a program called formflow its a document database program that many large organizations such as governments use who have their own standardized forms for their organization.

Parallels would be your best bet:

http://www.parallels.com/en/products/desktop/
Cyrealm

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parallels works great! Well worth the $50 for it. I would advise getting it now because the price jumps $30 in a few weeks after the $50 promotion price ends.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Alternative Operating Systems All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: