123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

iChat audio/video quality

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Desktops
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:48 pm    Post subject: iChat audio/video quality Reply with quote

Can anyone give a review of the quality of the audio and video on an iMac using iChat.

I'm interested in the audio clarity more than the video quality. Can you get up and move around a bit or are you stuck 3 ft away from the mic. to hold a conversation?

Has anyone tried external mics with iChat? Are there handsets that work like a phone?

I have a mini but I may be interested in an iMac if it works well. I may be interested in an external audio input device for the mini as well.

Is Skype the way to go?
Tenex
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:47 am    Post subject: Re: iChat audio/video quality Reply with quote

Bandit Bill wrote:
Can anyone give a review of the quality of the audio and video on an iMac using iChat.

I'm interested in the audio clarity more than the video quality. Can you get up and move around a bit or are you stuck 3 ft away from the mic. to hold a conversation?

Has anyone tried external mics with iChat? Are there handsets that work like a phone?

I have a mini but I may be interested in an iMac if it works well. I may be interested in an external audio input device for the mini as well.

Is Skype the way to go?

Couldn't you use a Bluetooth headset from a cellular phone? Haven't tried it on my iMac yet but that would allow you to move around. Keep wanting to use Skype but all my friends overseas are technophobes...

& a PPC Mini bought for my Mother
iMav
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Granted, I am not on the recieving end of the conversation when using my iMac with iChat. But I have wandered around my office while talking and haven't had any complaints. Seems to work at least as well as a good speaker phone mic.

BTW, I may have a fully-loaded 20" iMac available if you are interested. Smile
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iMav wrote:
Granted, I am not on the recieving end of the conversation when using my iMac with iChat. But I have wandered around my office while talking and haven't had any complaints. Seems to work at least as well as a good speaker phone mic.

BTW, I may have a fully-loaded 20" iMac available if you are interested. Smile

Yeah, I thought about your machine, but I just bought a Camaro
Only one fast toy at a time Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Desktops All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: