123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple Offers Refurbished Core Duo Mac minis
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Weee
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

epicurean wrote:
curt wrote:

It sounds like you hit the memory jackpot! I never win anything! Sad

It get's better - I was obviously not paying attention - yesterday I noticed the the hard drive was also a 100gb not the 80 that I expected. Yikes!

You better check your credit card bill! Maybe they charged you for the more expensive model. Razz
mauimactel

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:26 pm    Post subject: Serial #s of Refurbished units Reply with quote

Anyone know if they changed the serial numbers on these refubished units? Do they still begin with "YM"
southpaw

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also hit the extra memory jackpot with my refurb that arrived last week. I already had on hand the memory to go to 2 gigs, or else I would have seen how it did with 1 gig. Didn't get the 100GB hard drive though.

They do change the serial numbers to an RM series number.
mauimactel

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply southpaw. I recently got a replacement mini for one that was having airport issues. The first mini had a YM series number, the new replacement a GM series number. Then I saw this thread and the paranoid person in me started wondering if I got a refurb unit instead of a new unit because the serial numbers had changed. Still curious to now if YM indicates assembly done in China and if GM indicates assembly done in the USA.
CubeParts

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mauimactel wrote:
Thanks for the reply southpaw. I recently got a replacement mini for one that was having airport issues. The first mini had a YM series number, the new replacement a GM series number. Then I saw this thread and the paranoid person in me started wondering if I got a refurb unit instead of a new unit because the serial numbers had changed. Still curious to now if YM indicates assembly done in China and if GM indicates assembly done in the USA.

If you go to http://www.chipmunk.nl/klantenservice/applemodel.html and enter your serial number, this site will decode it and tell you when and where your Mac was made.
mauimactel

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! Can't wait to get home to try it!
Tenex
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick question for you US refurb buyers - why does the US refurb store list 2Ghz Macbook Pro's for $2000 when retail is $2000? I appreciate they may have an extra 512Mb of Ram or 20Gb more HDD but the discount seems negligible?

& a PPC Mini bought for my Mother
blazer
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope Apple get some Mac mini returns soon because it looks like they are out of Core Solo refurbs. Sad I was thinking about buying one and doing a processor, memory, and HD upgrade down the road.
2.5GHz Core i5 Mac mini (2011)
24" Dell LCD & 42" Sharp TV
EyeTV 250 Plus
1G, 2G, 3G, 4G and 5G iPod nanos
16GB 3G iPhone
Wasabi J

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought what seems to be the last Mini 1.66 Duo refurb. APPARENTLY (sorta mad at Apple at the mo about it) it was to ship this Wednesday, and get here today...

Instead last night, I got an email saying that "due to a high interest in our products blah blah blah... You aren't getting your Mini till the 28th, 22nd if you're lucky." At least they waived my fee for expedited shipping *grumble*.

Anyhoo, I'll be the one to tell you, yes they do give student discounts on refurbs.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasabi J wrote:
"due to a high interest in our products blah blah blah... You aren't getting your Mini till the 28th, 22nd if you're lucky." .

It actually said if you're lucky? Laughing
blazer
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just noticed that Apple has Core Solo refurbs back in stock.
2.5GHz Core i5 Mac mini (2011)
24" Dell LCD & 42" Sharp TV
EyeTV 250 Plus
1G, 2G, 3G, 4G and 5G iPod nanos
16GB 3G iPhone
Wasabi J

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

slickrick wrote:
Wasabi J wrote:
"due to a high interest in our products blah blah blah... You aren't getting your Mini till the 28th, 22nd if you're lucky." .

It actually said if you're lucky? Laughing

No, I said that to shorten up a couple of paragraphs + useless 22,436,765th copy of my invoice.

No no, if it said that, I'd prolly NOT be an excited owner of the computer I'm posting on this very minute!

I got my re-furb. My old computer's info (a Mini that lay in coma and it's HD only alive by an enclosure) transferred perfectly with no serial hunting! No complaints. About to install BootCamp. Wish me luck!
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasabi J wrote:
I got my re-furb. My old computer's info (a Mini that lay in coma and it's HD only alive by an enclosure) transferred perfectly with no serial hunting! No complaints. About to install BootCamp. Wish me luck!

Up bright and early I see. (and you are even on the west coast!) Smile
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
rigidkitchen

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My new Core Duo refurb is in the mail, I should have it next week.

Mr. Green
CaliforniaMini
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So where are the refurbished Minis shipped from? I'm thinking about getting one. Also, anyone know who refurbishes these or where? Is it done by Apple or a third-party company?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: