123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Leopard - OS
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac OS X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Exam23

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:06 am    Post subject: Leopard - OS Reply with quote

Anyone know the exact timing on this OS? When is the official release?
iMav
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:23 am    Post subject: Re: Leopard - OS Reply with quote

[quote="Exam23"]Anyone know the exact timing on this OS? When is the official release?[/quote]
Release hasn't been announced. But it is planned to be showcased at WWDC this fall. (so, anytime between then and the end of the year is my guess)

And, I wouldn't put it past Apple to actually release it at WWDC.. (but I certainly wouldn't count on it) Smile
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rondjones54

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:32 am    Post subject: Next Spring Reply with quote

I had read on another site that it would probably be next spring.
also Core Duo Macbook
2 gig ram
picaman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:46 am    Post subject: Re: Next Spring Reply with quote

[quote="Rondjones54"]I had read on another site that it would probably be next spring.[/quote]

Yeah, and the first Intel Macs will hit the market in July of 2006 Razz

Apple is famous for lowering and then exceeding expectations. I'd bet the farm that Leopard will beat Vista to market.

Smile

Jamie
CubeParts

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:55 am    Post subject: Re: Leopard - OS Reply with quote

[quote="Exam23"]Anyone know the exact timing on this OS? When is the official release?[/quote]
MacWorld reported the following back in April:

"Apple has posted some details on what developers can expect to see at this summer’s Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) in San Francisco, Calif. Being held August 7-11, it will come as no surprise that WWDC will focus on Apple’s upcoming operating system update codenamed Leopard."

At last year's WWDC, Steve Jobs said in his keynote address that they planned on releasing Leopard "at the end of 2006 or early 2007." However, given that he also said that Intel-based Macs would begin showing up in "mid 2006," I am not sure one can trust the timetable he laid out.
serpent
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my sources tell me an early to mid-november release is when they expect Apple to release Leopard.

Serpent
diulei

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm *trying to* hold out until Apple releases Leopard...it's hard. I want a new Macbook now. And I really want to replace my parents' aging 700Mhz P3 Dell with a Mini.
mgckmn73

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="diulei"]I'm *trying to* hold out until Apple releases Leopard...it's hard. I want a new Macbook now. And I really want to replace my parents' aging 700Mhz P3 Dell with a Mini.[/quote]

*Shudders* Just get the mini now and throw the dell in the garbage where it belongs.
lidador

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="diulei"]I'm *trying to* hold out until Apple releases Leopard...it's hard. I want a new Macbook now. And I really want to replace my parents' aging 700Mhz P3 Dell with a Mini.[/quote]

My mini dual core is running so happy with Tiger that I don't see myself upgrading to Leopard.
bsnoel

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it were me, I would not hold off on buying the mini for the OS. Apple may not relese Leopard until April 2007 and that is a long wait. I think that Apple will hold off, until after Microsoft ships Windows VISTA, so that they can trump them.

Just do it!
diulei

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="bsnoel"]

If it were me, I would not hold off on buying the mini for the OS. Apple may not relese Leopard until April 2007 and that is a long wait. I think that Apple will hold off, until after Microsoft ships Windows VISTA, so that they can trump them.

[/quote]

I think Apple has trumped Microsoft ever since Windows ever existed in each iteration Laughing

Oh. And you guys are baaadd...trying to make me bust out that credit card yet again, and after my alternator died today on the road! Very Happy
iMav
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="diulei"]Oh. And you guys are baaadd...trying to make me bust out that credit card yet again, and after my alternator died today on the road! Very Happy[/quote]
I would NEVER advocate purchasing any computer equipment via credit.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="iMav"][quote="diulei"]Oh. And you guys are baaadd...trying to make me bust out that credit card yet again, and after my alternator died today on the road! Very Happy[/quote]
I would NEVER advocate purchasing any computer equipment via credit.[/quote]

Why?
iLife's a Bitch!
MiniMoe
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When it comes to toys, especially those that depreciate rapidly:

100% down payment
0% interest
0 payments

One credit card is nice if you pay the balance off each month.
Apple USB Modem (for faxing), Bose Companion 2 Speakers
2.0GHz white MacBook 1GB/80GB
iMav
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="g5g5"]Why?[/quote]
I'm against all unsecured debt.

A notable exception would be "same-as-cash" deals (assuming you pay it off without incurring interest).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac OS X All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: