123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Powerbook battery question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Notebooks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kevinuk42

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:33 am    Post subject: Powerbook battery question Reply with quote

Hi. I have a pretty new powerbook and was wondering....

I use this laptop more on a desk then actually out and about, therefor i keep it plugged in a lot of the time.

Is it better to take out the plug and let the battery power it for a while? Im just not sure what is better, to keep the power from the mains in my powerbook, or to run it off the battery more often.

Any advice would be great. Cheers
Susurrus
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only use the battery if you're charging it or not connected to AC. At my old school people were down to 30 minutes of run-time out of their batteries after leaving it in all the time.

I don't see why there isn't circuitry to bypass the battery in laptops yet? It makes no sense; it's bad for batteries to continuously charge and discharge so why has no one built hardware into the laptops that bypass the battery when it's charge and power is connected?
1.42Ghz PPC Mac Mini, 1Gb RAM, 1st Gen
40GB G4 iPod
2GB Black iPod Nano
dungeon92
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:19 pm    Post subject: explain it for you Reply with quote

here's why now.
When you leave it plugged in at all times it builds up a memory so when it is used it isn't used to being able to be usedd very long.
An example (sorry if I offend anyone or myself) a fat guy who eats a lot bilds up all this energy and when he uses it he can't go for very long.

"When history is forgotten people don't realize when it repeats."

Going to Missouri S&T!!
dungeon92
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:19 pm    Post subject: explain it for you Reply with quote

double post

Going to Missouri S&T!!

Last edited by dungeon92 on Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
dungeon92
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:20 pm    Post subject: explain it for you Reply with quote

triple post!!!

Going to Missouri S&T!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Notebooks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: