123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Microsoft Wireless Laser Desktop for Mac

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 10:01 am    Post subject: Microsoft Wireless Laser Desktop for Mac Reply with quote

Microsoft Wireless Laser Desktop for Mac
Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Microsoft today announced the availability of the Wireless Laser Desktop for Mac, its first Mac-specific desktop complete with a stylish wireless Comfort Curve Keyboard and a wireless High Definition laser mouse. With this new desktop set, the Microsoft Hardware division combines comfortable design with High Definition technology to deliver the ultimate in cutting-edge performance, luxury and style to any Mac user. The futuristic silver finish complements the Mac design to make a mark on any desktop while providing the freedom of wireless control.

The Microsoft Wireless Laser Desktop for Mac features Microsoft's first keyboard designed specifically for the Mac. The key layout is consistent with Mac-only keyboards. To truly meet Mac users' needs, this is Microsoft's only keyboard without the Windows Start button. The Wireless Laser Desktop for Mac is compatible with the new Intel-based Mac machines as well as PowerPC models, and will have Hot Keys that map to Mac programs such as iTunes and iPhoto. The Microsoft Wireless Laser Desktop for Mac will be available this summer for an estimated retail price of US$99.95.

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/482.html
ddcmvt710

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look so much like the Microsoft 6000....
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This should be a big seller. I just bought a MS 6000 laser mouse and I really like it. I hope this product comes with a dongle style USB adapter and not a big mouse sized adapter on a 5' cord.
greg
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still using an old MS ergo keyboard which I like very much. But I'm not crazy about the extra programmable buttons on this new one. Could do without the bloat.
Dell 1905FP
Logitech Wave Cordless Desktop
JLennon

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandit Bill wrote:
I hope this product comes with a dongle style USB adapter and not a big mouse sized adapter on a 5' cord.

My set has that mouse shaped receiver. I have the MS wireless optical desktop 5000. It looks very similar to this set. The receiver is kinda ugly, but I have seen worse. I don't know what this set comes with, but I would be half tempted to trade up set if it used bluetooth. Why you might ask? I absolutely dig the shape of the keyboard and the big spacebar. It really feels comfortable after you use it for a while and it's not as drastic as the old split keyboards from MS. Plus I would like to gain all the functionality of the media buttons.
castufari

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd opt for one of these if they weren't so huge. I have an original MS ergo and man, you could use that thing as a surfboard. Razz I wish Apple would make an ergo keyboard!
JLennon

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

castufari wrote:
I'd opt for one of these if they weren't so huge. I have an original MS ergo and man, you could use that thing as a surfboard. Razz I wish Apple would make an ergo keyboard!

Yes, they are big, but I still dig them more the Apple keyboard. I don't care for how the keys are tiered on the Apple keyboard.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: