123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Questions on Chat

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac OS X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nthe10ring

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 1:32 pm    Post subject: Questions on Chat Reply with quote

I've been lurking since the mini came out and want to try a Mac. I use my computer for chat, surfing, pictures, e-mail, and some video editing. My question is , with the chat program that OSX supports, how does this work with other users that I chat with that are on PC's. I like the video conference feature that MAC has, one my end with the Mac will i be able to enjoy the features that it supports if all the others that I chat with are on PC's. I have always used Yahoo for this in the past.

nthe10ring
andp

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out Fire.

http://fire.sourceforge.net/

Is a good multi-protocol client.
nthe10ring

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 4:28 pm    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

Are you still able to use the video conference aspects built into osx with this- i like the way you can use the 3 way conference, looks like a nice display.

nthe10ring
andp

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not yet!
http://fire.sourceforge.net/faq.php#app-av

You know you can video chat with PC users that use AIM right?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac OS X All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: