123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New eMac?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 11:32 pm    Post subject: New eMac? Reply with quote

AppleInsider rumor.

This is pretty cool. I hope Apple does come out with an LCD based eMac.

For those of you who can't be bothered to read the link, Apple is rumored to be developing an eMac in the iMac enclosure.
blazer
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds like nothing more than a sub $1000 iMac with integrated Intel graphics. I really wish Apple would release an affordable tower for us average folk. There is a massive hole in the Apple lineup between the Mac mini and the Power Mac for those of us that would never consider buying all-in-one desktop computer. I would rather see them release an entry-level Mac Pro for like $1200. Forget the school kids! Laughing
2.5GHz Core i5 Mac mini (2011)
24" Dell LCD & 42" Sharp TV
EyeTV 250 Plus
1G, 2G, 3G, 4G and 5G iPod nanos
16GB 3G iPhone
jbstingray
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is likely they will have a low-end Mac Pro tower that starts at 1299 or something, just to have that G5 look with less power, or something.

You never know what Apple is up to.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
iMav
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is premature to complain about the lineup. Wait till the Intel transition is complete.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iMav wrote:
I think it is premature to complain about the lineup. Wait till the Intel transition is complete.

True.

I myself am more interested in seeing what the new PowerMacs will offer. I'm hoping for a model with a low price point.
iMav
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandit Bill wrote:
I myself am more interested in seeing what the new PowerMacs will offer. I'm hoping for a model with a low price point.

FREE would be nice. Smile
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CubeParts

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blazer wrote:
This sounds like nothing more than a sub $1000 iMac with integrated Intel graphics. I really wish Apple would release an affordable tower for us average folk. There is a massive hole in the Apple lineup between the Mac mini and the Power Mac for those of us that would never consider buying all-in-one desktop computer. I would rather see them release an entry-level Mac Pro for like $1200. Forget the school kids! Laughing

Don't forget those school kids. Exposing children to Macs today is the best way to insure a steady flow of Mac users tomorrow. Get them hooked early I say!
offabroadway

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blazer wrote:

Only problem with this philosophy is one of Apple's target audiences: college kids. Seriously. Visit any non-conservative, left-wing-ish college, and the ratio of Apple to IBM laptops is much closer to 50/50 than you might surmise. Same goes for desktops. Maybe it's because college kids (and the rest of us in that age-group that haven't necessarily gone to college yet Very Happy ) are more open minded, and when they see how much simpler and more powerful the Mac system is, they'll stick with it.

Anyways, long story short, school kids are one of Apple's primary targets, because if they can win them over, they'll be loyal for life.

I would like a $1200 Mac Pro though. Cool I'd stretch the student loan for that.

~GF to get an iMac? Converting the masses... *grin*~
trustory
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

offabroadway wrote:
blazer wrote:

Only problem with this philosophy is one of Apple's target audiences: college kids. Seriously. Visit any non-conservative, left-wing-ish college, and the ratio of Apple to IBM laptops is much closer to 50/50 than you might surmise. Same goes for desktops. Maybe it's because college kids (and the rest of us in that age-group that haven't necessarily gone to college yet Very Happy ) are more open minded, and when they see how much simpler and more powerful the Mac system is, they'll stick with it.

Anyways, long story short, school kids are one of Apple's primary targets, because if they can win them over, they'll be loyal for life.

I would like a $1200 Mac Pro though. Cool I'd stretch the student loan for that.

Well said apple has won me over so ill be buying a macbook when i start university and hopefully it will be all i want it to be. If it is i know ill buy a more expensive model when i have left.
iPhone 4 Black 16GB
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: