123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple Unveils MacBook
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hoffer

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diulei wrote:
Hoffer wrote:
I got the 2.0 GHz white system. It replaced a 867 MHz 12" PowerBook. It is so much nicer.

Exactly what I plan on replacing. Hopefully I can get a couple hundred bucks from it to put towards the MacBook.

I was looking on eBay last week. I saw one, configured just like mine, selling for over $500. It had a 867 Mhz proc, 40 gig hdd, 640 MB ram and combo drive.

I'm giving mine to my sister. She's currently using my very old PowerMac 7100/66. The 66 is the speed of the processor. So, you know that thing is slow. I think it has either 16 or 24 MBs of ram and a 256 MB hdd. Smile I don't remember if it's running OS 8 or 9.
1GB iPod shuffle
diulei

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoffer wrote:

I was looking on eBay last week. I saw one, configured just like mine, selling for over $500. It had a 867 Mhz proc, 40 gig hdd, 640 MB ram and combo drive.

Sweet. Exactly how mine is configured. $500 would be not bad at all - almost halfway to a new MacBook!
iMav
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diulei wrote:
Sweet. Exactly how mine is configured. $500 would be not bad at all - almost halfway to a new MacBook!

You guys need to STOP IT! I'm sitting on a less-than-a-year-old 12" iBook (G4 1.33GHz, 100GB 7200rpm hdd, 1.5GB ram) and am trying desperately to not covet a new MacBook. Resale justification is NOT what I need to hear. Smile
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
splen

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hear, hear! tone it down you guys! The mac reseller near where I work got a black and a white one in today. I went on on my lunchbreak and nearly took one home! I'm thinking 'my ibook is over a year old now, it's past it, over the hill'
I'm starting to yearn! Laughing

Last edited by splen on Sat May 27, 2006 4:38 am; edited 1 time in total
slickrick

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a chance to see the MacBooks today at the Apple Store . All I can say is they are really sweet in person. Wish I had an extra $1300 lying around.
diulei

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iMav wrote:

You guys need to STOP IT! I'm sitting on a less-than-a-year-old 12" iBook (G4 1.33GHz, 100GB 7200rpm hdd, 1.5GB ram) and am trying desperately to not covet a new MacBook. Resale justification is NOT what I need to hear. Smile

Well, with things like iPods, cell phones, etc., I try not to let the upgrade bug get to me (my iPod mini can play music as well as the new ones) - but this new MacBook is just TOO much of a difference from the PBook G4.

The G4 chip had a good run - but this PBook has been showing its age for some time now Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: