123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MAC MINI DVI MONITOR ISSUES
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
tyleromeo
New Member
New Member


Joined: 15 May 2005
Posts: 13

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 8:27 pm    Post subject: MAC MINI DVI MONITOR ISSUES Reply with quote

Hi everyone. Glad to join the forums. I have a 1.42GHZ mini and a 20.1 inch Formac 2010 Gallery DVI display (1600x1200) I'm getting horizonal streaking over dark areas of the screen or anything with motion including games and DVDs. I know that I am not the only one with this problem. I just want to know what everyone else has suggested to fix this dilema.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
blazer
Veteran Member
Veteran Member


Joined: 23 Mar 2005
Posts: 1114
Location: San Ramon, California

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a known issue with no apparent fix.
http://www.123macmini.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=91
_________________
1.42GHz Mac mini
2.0GHz Core 2 Duo Mac mini
2.0GHz Core 2 Duo Mac mini (2009)
2.5GHz Core i5 Mac mini (2011)
24" Dell LCD & 42" Sharp TV
EyeTV 250 Plus
1G, 2G, 3G, 4G and 5G iPod nanos
16GB 3G iPhone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tyleromeo
New Member
New Member


Joined: 15 May 2005
Posts: 13

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blazer wrote:
This is a known issue with no apparent fix.
http://www.123macmini.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=91


Would installing SwitchRes X and changing the hertz fix the issue. Since it's an obvious software problem that apple isn't dealing with.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
blazer
Veteran Member
Veteran Member


Joined: 23 Mar 2005
Posts: 1114
Location: San Ramon, California

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have the problem. I read that using SwitchRes X and switching to a lower resolution or helps. Have you tried another display?
_________________
1.42GHz Mac mini
2.0GHz Core 2 Duo Mac mini
2.0GHz Core 2 Duo Mac mini (2009)
2.5GHz Core i5 Mac mini (2011)
24" Dell LCD & 42" Sharp TV
EyeTV 250 Plus
1G, 2G, 3G, 4G and 5G iPod nanos
16GB 3G iPhone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tyleromeo
New Member
New Member


Joined: 15 May 2005
Posts: 13

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blazer wrote:
I don't have the problem. I read that using SwitchRes X and switching to a lower resolution or helps. Have you tried another display?


yes it works fine with a couple of VGA displays. but im dumbfounded that a 3rd party apple company has monitors that the mini will not run correctly. So i'm going to try this switchres X ASAP and see if it works.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
rgsaunders
New Member
New Member


Joined: 22 May 2005
Posts: 10
Location: Ontario, Canada

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it probably won't help to hear this but I have an LG2010P running in digital mode 1600x1200 60Hz, no problems at all. What refresh rate were you using?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tyleromeo
New Member
New Member


Joined: 15 May 2005
Posts: 13

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rgsaunders wrote:
I know it probably won't help to hear this but I have an LG2010P running in digital mode 1600x1200 60Hz, no problems at all. What refresh rate were you using?


how do you know your refresh rate is set to 60hz.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
andp
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 28 Jan 2005
Posts: 358

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tyleromeo wrote:
rgsaunders wrote:
I know it probably won't help to hear this but I have an LG2010P running in digital mode 1600x1200 60Hz, no problems at all. What refresh rate were you using?


how do you know your refresh rate is set to 60hz.


System Preferences > Displays
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tyleromeo
New Member
New Member


Joined: 15 May 2005
Posts: 13

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andp wrote:
tyleromeo wrote:
rgsaunders wrote:
I know it probably won't help to hear this but I have an LG2010P running in digital mode 1600x1200 60Hz, no problems at all. What refresh rate were you using?


how do you know your refresh rate is set to 60hz.


System Preferences > Displays


mine says 1600x1200 and the refresh rate is greyed out and says N/A I have a formac 2010 gallery DVI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
andp
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 28 Jan 2005
Posts: 358

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This usally means your display only supports one rate and you have no options to change it. More than likely your display is 60-75Hz.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tyleromeo
New Member
New Member


Joined: 15 May 2005
Posts: 13

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andp wrote:
This usally means your display only supports one rate and you have no options to change it. More than likely your display is 60-75Hz.
yeah thats what i figured, is there any way to over ride a digital LCDs refresh rate? i tried switchresX and im not quite sure to change LCD refresh rates? or if it's even possible?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
andp
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 28 Jan 2005
Posts: 358

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not without damaging your display. I'd never go higher than 75Hz with anything you find.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tyleromeo
New Member
New Member


Joined: 15 May 2005
Posts: 13

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andp wrote:
Not without damaging your display. I'd never go higher than 75Hz with anything you find.


so if i can't adjust my refresh rate how can the snow over black and motion on the screen.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
FishKepr
Member
Member


Joined: 28 May 2005
Posts: 119
Location: WA

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tyleromeo wrote:
blazer wrote:
This is a known issue with no apparent fix.
http://www.123macmini.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=91


Would installing SwitchRes X and changing the hertz fix the issue. Since it's an obvious software problem that apple isn't dealing with.


I just installed SwitchRes X and created an array of refresh rates at 1280x1024. I don't have the issue at resolutions lower than that. The problem dropped dramatically at 58Hz and disappeared completely at 57Hz.

So SwitchRes can work, at least for some monitors. However, I'm a little annoyed that we have to resort to buying a 3rd party utility to fix this. Mad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
blazer
Veteran Member
Veteran Member


Joined: 23 Mar 2005
Posts: 1114
Location: San Ramon, California

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What resolution were you running at before?
_________________
1.42GHz Mac mini
2.0GHz Core 2 Duo Mac mini
2.0GHz Core 2 Duo Mac mini (2009)
2.5GHz Core i5 Mac mini (2011)
24" Dell LCD & 42" Sharp TV
EyeTV 250 Plus
1G, 2G, 3G, 4G and 5G iPod nanos
16GB 3G iPhone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum



      

Shop:  Apple Store  |  Refurbished Macs  |  Refurbished iPads  |  MacConnection  |  Mac Mini Vault  |  Other World Computing

MK 1 Studio Mac mini Racks  |  Crucial Mac Memory  |  Top Free Mac Apps  |  Top Paid Mac Apps



123Macmini.com is an independent publication and has not been authorized, sponsored, or approved by Apple Computer, Inc.
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owners.
Copyright © 2011 123Macmini.com. All Rights Reserved.