123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

whats everyone using for wirelesss keyboard ? i recently

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini HTPC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
snkby

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:46 am    Post subject: whats everyone using for wirelesss keyboard ? i recently Reply with quote

purchased 3 belkin media pilot keyboards for customers to use with their mac mini systems.

when trying to load the software to configure the keyboards an error message pops up saying that the software is not supported and to contact the vendor.

i spoke with tech support at belkin yesterday and was told that either i could go back to panther which is supported or use a different keyboard.

he said drivers for tiger were not avaialble yet and had no idea when they would be.

key feature on the media pilot was having mouse function on the keyboard and being able to program the keyboard as a full function universal remote.

i cant seem to find anything comparable.

any ideas ?

thanks.
bouldergeek

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Logitech LX500 wireless keyboard is working great with my Mini. I have the mini and the receiver on the floor, under my dining room table. No reception problems 10 feet away. Media and meta keys map to extra functions.

I installed a Kensington Pilot mouse and keyboard for a friend, as well. The Kensington is a good unit, nice analog volume control, good OS X integration. WOnderfully grippy rubber coating like the Oxo kitchen utensils.

I would recommend either of these units for a Mini.
snkby

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:08 pm    Post subject: thanks bouldergeek ! the mini is being used Reply with quote

as an htpc so the range needs to be reliable at more like 20'.

and it looks like the lx500 doesnt have the mouse function onboard.
SOCOMRAIDER
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: whats everyone using for wirelesss keyboard ? i recentl Reply with quote

snkby wrote:
purchased 3 belkin media pilot keyboards for customers to use with their mac mini systems.

when trying to load the software to configure the keyboards an error message pops up saying that the software is not supported and to contact the vendor.

i spoke with tech support at belkin yesterday and was told that either i could go back to panther which is supported or use a different keyboard.

he said drivers for tiger were not avaialble yet and had no idea when they would be.

key feature on the media pilot was having mouse function on the keyboard and being able to program the keyboard as a full function universal remote.

i cant seem to find anything comparable.

any ideas ?

thanks.

I think it has to do with what kind of Mini you have, not the OS. I have Tiger on a G4 Mini and I use a Belkin MediaPilot for my keyboard. The software works without any problems and so does the keyboard. It controls most of the popular brand electronics without issues. But some of the higher-end (smaller sales) electronics, like Denon, seems not to work as well.
But the range works perfectly and so does the mouse, plus the software is real easy.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:21 pm    Post subject: now thats definitely interesting. they are Reply with quote

duo-core minis and both show the same error message.

any ideas where i can post to some mac gurus that might have a work-around ?

duh.

its got to be the fact that they are intel based i bet.

how do you access a macs bios ?

maybe i can change something in there that looks familiar.

macs are very new to me.

thanks.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 10:50 am    Post subject: Re: now thats definitely interesting. they are Reply with quote

snkby wrote:

its got to be the fact that they are intel based i bet.

how do you access a macs bios ?

maybe i can change something in there that looks familiar.

I don't think that Macs have a bios
gaiserrc

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is not a universal build of the software out yet. Also, it does not run in rosetta (like serval of my smaller apps). That is the problem on intel minis. Belkin will get around to doing a universal build, but don't count on them doing it all speedy like...
MacScout67

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gaiserrc wrote:
There is not a universal build of the software out yet. Also, it does not run in rosetta (like serval of my smaller apps). That is the problem on intel minis. Belkin will get around to doing a universal build, but don't count on them doing it all speedy like...

That's a bummer. I was happy to get my Logitech keyboard fullly working with my Intel mini. They just released their universal version of the Logitech Control Center.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini HTPC All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: