123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

awsome accessory

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dungeon92
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:24 am    Post subject: awsome accessory Reply with quote

this is the newer LEGO mindstorms set that's out:
http://mindstorms.lego.com/Products/Default.aspx
If you read through it it is actually pretty cool I have the older one that used serial IR for data transfer and wasn't Mac compatible out of the box without a driver for it and no bluetooth from when I was 10 and it still works, but it isn't as good as this one so I might get one since I do enjoy my old set still (I made a cat attacker to play with my cats) and this has more function to it.

"When history is forgotten people don't realize when it repeats."

Going to Missouri S&T!!
boxcar182

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the older version too, but mine is mac compatible, (I stole the Mac software discs from my teacher because we have a "lego robotics class")
dungeon92
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject: this one will be nice Reply with quote

they don't go into great detail, but they have new sensors with it and a better microproccessor than before. I also got a spybot because I got it for a crazy deal ($45 instead of $70 and new) down at LEGO imagination Florida, but you need a serial port for those so that is a pain since I need a USB to serial adapter, all the sensors and motors are built into one unit with three IR sensors for a remote to control it so it is nice. I will get one though and check it out since I like to build them, but I want more motors for the RCX 2.0 currently (built an elevator that was 3ft. tall for lego people using 2 motors).

"When history is forgotten people don't realize when it repeats."

Going to Missouri S&T!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: