123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Great deal on 1GB RAM.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Upgrading
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blazer
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 2:24 am    Post subject: Great deal on 1GB RAM. Reply with quote

$84.00 1GB PC3200 KINGSTON "lifetime warranty"

http://shop1.outpost.com/product/4393875
2.5GHz Core i5 Mac mini (2011)
24" Dell LCD & 42" Sharp TV
EyeTV 250 Plus
1G, 2G, 3G, 4G and 5G iPod nanos
16GB 3G iPhone
iMav
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:16 am    Post subject: Re: Great deal on 1GB RAM. Reply with quote

blazer wrote:

NICE! It's kind of depressing how cheap RAM is getting... Smile
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bubba

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:48 am    Post subject: Re: Great deal on 1GB RAM. Reply with quote

mavherzog wrote:
blazer wrote:

You gonna make your wife fill out the rebates right Smile
James T. Kirkę

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Great deal on 1GB RAM. Reply with quote

mavherzog wrote:

It very depressing all these things are so much more expensive over here in Europe!
Crying or Very sad Cheapest I saw is 149,95............Euro ($ 193.181) Same with the mac mini prices, what you guys pay in $$ (ex salestax) we pay in Euro's (incl. tax). I was thinking of have one brought from the States, but there are 2 problems: If Customs ask you what you brought and you're honest, you pay 19% tax (here in the Netherlands), so there goes your profit + no guarantee over here... Sad The market here is large enough, but we have to pay for translations (you guys get that for free if you choose to see MacOS-X in Spanish or French or whatever), different print on the package and so on probably...
~ Registered Linux user #310054 ~
made in Xandros 3.0 (Linux)
iMav
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 2:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Great deal on 1GB RAM. Reply with quote

bubba wrote:
You gonna make your wife fill out the rebates right Smile

YOU KNOW IT!!! Smile
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bouldergeek

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 5:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Great deal on 1GB RAM. Reply with quote

James T. Kirkę wrote:
mavherzog wrote:

It very depressing all these things are so much more expensive over here in Europe!
Crying or Very sad Cheapest I saw is 149,95............Euro ($ 193.181) Same with the mac mini prices, what you guys pay in $$ (ex salestax) we pay in Euro's (incl. tax). I was thinking of have one brought from the States, but there are 2 problems: If Customs ask you what you brought and you're honest, you pay 19% tax (here in the Netherlands),

We also get to avoid sales tax by buying over the Net.

I qualify for the Apple educational discount, but the $20 they offer doesn't offset the state and local sales tax one must pay. But, ordering online from another state cuts the tax out. So, I paid $494 but got no shipping and no tax, for a net savings of $30. I even received it sooner from MacZone than Apple would have gotten it to me.

Sorry, didn't mean to really depress you... Surprised
James T. Kirkę

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 12:46 am    Post subject: Re: Great deal on 1GB RAM. Reply with quote

bouldergeek wrote:

We also get to avoid sales tax by buying over the Net.

I qualify for the Apple educational discount, but the $20 they offer doesn't offset the state and local sales tax one must pay. But, ordering online from another state cuts the tax out. So, I paid $494 but got no shipping and no tax, for a net savings of $30. I even received it sooner from MacZone than Apple would have gotten it to me.

Sorry, didn't mean to really depress you... Surprised

Oh well, I live in Europe Confused
DoFa

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not just get someone to order it for you here and mail it to you? Throw it in an envelope between two pieces of cardboard. Shouldn't be more than a Pound or a couple Dollars or so to mail.
James T. Kirkę

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DoFa wrote:
Why not just get someone to order it for you here and mail it to you? Throw it in an envelope between two pieces of cardboard. Shouldn't be more than a Pound or a couple Dollars or so to mail.

I know, it probably would work, but then you never have quarantee it arrives safely, or it works anyway. The thing is, this is memory and quite small, but often I see somewhat bigger items, which are usually 2/3 of the price here in Europe but then import taxes and transportation costs will make it just as expensive or even more. In those cases I wished I was in the States, you see? Wink I indeed have family there, but one does not always want to ask them to buy this, that and the other thing...They usually almost never need something from here, so you can't return the favor. Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Upgrading All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: