123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MacBook Pro 17 Inch just released!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Notebooks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
macfox

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:30 am    Post subject: MacBook Pro 17 Inch just released!!! Reply with quote

Hello All

Apple has just released the MacBook Pro 17 Inch on their website http://www.apple.com/store.

Nice 1 inch think laptop. However, I am still disappointed they have not made the trackpad 2 buttons or enable it to be two buttons like the Mighty Mouse.

New specs, 256 MB Video Card and the option for a 7200 rpm 100 GB HDD.
picaman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And most importantly, FireWire 800 and a dual layer SuperDrive. You have your choice of 120GB 5200RPM or 100GB 7200RPM at no additional cost.

If you comparably equip a 15" MacBook Pro, it's more expensive. Probably means upcoming price cuts on the 15"?

There's very little, if anything, to complain about. Apple seems to have listened to the complaints and gotten this one right.

Smile

Jamie
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:57 am    Post subject: Re: MacBook Pro 17 Inch just released!!! Reply with quote

macfox wrote:
I am still disappointed they have not made the trackpad 2 buttons or enable it to be two buttons like the Mighty Mouse.

The continuation of one mouse button on the MacBook Pros is a little disappointing. Maybe they will "Think Different" with the MacBook. But how sweet is this new 17"!

Quote:
If you comparably equip a 15" MacBook Pro, it's more expensive. Probably means upcoming price cuts on the 15"?

Intel is supposed to cut prices on the Duo chips in May. It could be possible that the new 17" is already reflecting those prices. I would love to see them drop the entry level 15" down below $1700 and see Amazon include a $150 MIR.
iLife's a Bitch!
SOCOMRAIDER
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:35 pm    Post subject: Re: MacBook Pro 17 Inch just released!!! Reply with quote

g5g5 wrote:
...and see Amazon include a $150 MIR.

Mail-in rebates are horrible... rather have it be instant.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing now is bring me that 12-13 inch small MacBook Pro.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:07 pm    Post subject: Re: MacBook Pro 17 Inch just released!!! Reply with quote

SOCOMRAIDER wrote:
g5g5 wrote:

I would rather it be instant too, but I don't mind waiting on MIRs if they give me the best deal. I would save $270 buying from it Amazon. Tax savings = $120, MIR = $150. Apple would never come close to matching that price.
iLife's a Bitch!
SOCOMRAIDER
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:31 pm    Post subject: Re: MacBook Pro 17 Inch just released!!! Reply with quote

g5g5 wrote:
SOCOMRAIDER wrote:
g5g5 wrote:

I would rather it be instant too, but I don't mind waiting on MIRs if they give me the best deal. I would save $270 buying from it Amazon. Tax savings = $120, MIR = $150. Apple would never come close to matching that price.

I mean don't get me wrong, I'd take whatever money I can save. But I know some that have had problems with mail-in rebates, including myself. They always try to say your rebate is invalid for even the smallest of things. Of course I'm sure it depends on what company you are dealing with.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:58 pm    Post subject: Re: MacBook Pro 17 Inch just released!!! Reply with quote

SOCOMRAIDER wrote:
Of course I'm sure it depends on what company you are dealing with.

Definitely! I've been screwed a few times, but never with Amazon's direct rebates.
iLife's a Bitch!
dungeon92
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:18 pm    Post subject: I hate how it mocks me Reply with quote

It has all that I wanted to be put in the MacBook Pros which are: a huge 17-inch widescreen, FireWire 800, more USB ports, and it is powerful enough to compensate for the Rosetta issue. Now what is a pain in the ass is that my ideal configuration is around $3300 (that includes ACPP and no RAM upgrade) now I need a way to make money fast and legally since I'm only 14 and all I could do is bus tables at a local bar, but that is only $70-$100 once a week and it is hard to get the job, so if any of you bought a 17-inch MacBook Pro and don't want it and are too lazy to take it back to an Apple store please just send to me.

"When history is forgotten people don't realize when it repeats."

Going to Missouri S&T!!
serpent
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just make sure MIR still good if you want 100gb 7200 or upgrade of ram! Since stock machine is 120gb 5400 and only 1gb it is considered BTO when reconfigured and most rebates are only valid for stock machines.

Serpent
dungeon92
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:21 pm    Post subject: good point Reply with quote

I've seen comments about that where people wanted the 7200rpm and since the site didn't say they later foud out what it was and couldn't return is so they got pissed.

"When history is forgotten people don't realize when it repeats."

Going to Missouri S&T!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Notebooks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: