123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

bootcamp forum?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
castufari

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:12 pm    Post subject: bootcamp forum? Reply with quote

How about a forum for those using bootcamp? It might keep some of the traffic off of the other forums.
fuji257

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:15 pm    Post subject: Re: bootcamp forum? Reply with quote

castufari wrote:
How about a forum for those using bootcamp? It might keep some of the traffic off of the other forums.

I second that.

We need an XP on Mac section AND another section for Linux/Other OS on Macs.

And howsabout a little mandatory checkbox by the Subject Line to toggle an ittybitty PPC/Intel/either graphic.

Then when somebody looking at threads they can quickly tell if its specific to PPC or Intel machines (or neither).

That would be much cleaner than having separate PPC/Intel categories duplicating everything.
Charles
News Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will start a temporary thread until we decide where to move them.

Edit: Here we go!
http://www.123macmini.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=66

Charles
iMav
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Instead of a bootcamp forum, I think there should be an "Alternative OS" forum. That way, it can cover the virtualization software offerings as well as dual booting via bootcamp. (unless, of course, you want to create a virtualization forum as well).

Smile
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
iMav
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iMav wrote:
Instead of a bootcamp forum, I think there should be an "Alternative OS" forum. That way, it can cover the virtualization software offerings as well as dual booting via bootcamp. (unless, of course, you want to create a virtualization forum as well).

Also, the current bootcamp forum seems to be specifically related to BootCamp on a Mac Mini. (yes, I KNOW this is a Mac Mini site). Smile

Having something a little more general would be great. (right now, I have a topic I'd like to post about Parallels Workstation and it would be nice if it didn't have to go in the "Off Topic" forum)
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Discussion about Parallels Workstation can be posted in the Boot Camp forum. I know it's a little confusing because of the name, but the Boot Camp forum was set up for discussion about installing an alternative OS on the Mac mini or Mac by any means.

Brian
iMav
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

admin wrote:
Discussion about Parallels Workstation can be posted in the Boot Camp forum. I know it's a little confusing because of the name, but the Boot Camp forum was set up for discussion about installing an alternative OS on the Mac mini or Mac by any means.

Which means it should probably be renamed. Smile

Something like "Alternative OS's". And perhaps a description something like: "Discussion of all non-Apple operating systems on Apple hardware via dual-booting, emulation, virtualization, etc. This includes use of Boot Camp, Virtual PC, Parallels, etc."

Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: