123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mini Budget

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> New Users and Switchers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
reLAXER564

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 2:47 pm    Post subject: Mini Budget Reply with quote

Hey Guys,
I am not new to mac but I am certainly new to the mac mini. Seeing that I am a high school student who lives in Maine all students each have there own ibooks. It's pretty awesome, but with all the admins blocking all the new programs I can't wait buy get my hands on a mini. My question for all you mac mini users is weather is it worth it to spend the extra money on a 1.42 processor or stick with the 1.25 (512 ram obviously). Since i have a "mini budget" I have to get the most bang for my buck.

The other question I have is, where is the best place to buy a good quality LCD monitor for a low price that will work for the mac mini. I have heard that there has been issues with the CRT monitors and that mac mini together Shocked.
Imac g5 rev b (dual screen setup, 20 ultrasharp dell flat panel)
1 gb ram etc.

reLAXER564@gmail.com
DellApple

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 1.25 Mac Mini works fine though I would upgrade to 512mb ram. I passed on the mini with faster processor and bigger hard drive and instead used that money for a super drive.

Here is the place I got my monitor from; they offer great service and prices. The one I got was the 17" CMV DVI monitor. Make sure you go with DVI as the digital picture is so much better then analog. Good Luck!

http://www.icuepc.com/www/index.asp
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> New Users and Switchers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: