123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Loading Mac Drivers for Windows

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Alternative Operating Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jesslvaudio

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:38 pm    Post subject: Loading Mac Drivers for Windows Reply with quote

Having a heck of a time loading these drivers. I get about 75% of the way there, and it tells me I am missing drivers, asking me to 'browse' the disk for them. Are they visible anywhere? If I 'cancel', then the install aborts.
Any thoughts?

Thanks
agruenebaum

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:19 am    Post subject: Disconnect devices Reply with quote

Did that happen during WindowsXP installation?

Have you connected any other devices to your MacMini through USB or firewire?

Perhaps Windows tries to find drivers for those devices and can't find it. Confused
jesslvaudio

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:01 am    Post subject: Loading Divers Reply with quote

After windows is loaded, I attempt to load the mac drivers. Other than a usb keyboard and mouse no other devices are connected.
agruenebaum

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:23 am    Post subject: Well it's still Windows Reply with quote

Setup of Windows on any PC might also be painful especially when you upgraded your PC with some new hardware. The same is true for the new Mac "PCs". Maybe you should also check out if there is a printer or any other device connected via Bluetooth or Airport? In such a case make shure you have the CD containing the original Windows drivers of that device handy. Otherwise check the internet for drivers. The only obsticles I had to overcome was wating for half an hour due to the following issue pointed out in the Apple BootCamp installation guide:

If it appears that nothing is happening, there may be a hidden window that you must
respond to. Check the taskbar or look behind open windows.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Alternative Operating Systems All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: