123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Failed to install: Partition can not be changed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Alternative Operating Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
agruenebaum

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:58 am    Post subject: Failed to install: Partition can not be changed Reply with quote

I have successfully produced the required drivers CD. However, I failed to partitioning my drive. Failure: some files could not be moved. I wonder if this has something to do with the way I set up my new MacMini: I copied most of the setups from my G5 as encouraged by the setup procedure when switching from one Mac to another. Now it seems I do not have all administrator rights on all those files.

This points out, that the best way of installing WindowsXP on your Mac may be to install it on a virtual new Mac right out of the box.

Any suggestions? I don't want to spend too much time with that issue though.
curt
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Failed to install: Partition can not be changed Reply with quote

agruenebaum wrote:
Any suggestions? I don't want to spend too much time with that issue though.

What kind of files were they? A fresh install of both might be less time consuming than dealing with all of those files.
agruenebaum

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:12 am    Post subject: no clue Reply with quote

Bootcamp does not give me any clue about what files could not be moved during the repartioning of the drive. I don't want to waist too much time. Even a clean new installation of MacOS X followed by setting up the whole network (including airport and internet setups) may be less pain as compared to finding out the reasons.

However, I am not going to pay much more attention to it since the MacMini will does it's job as it is - with MacOS X - that's it. I was just curious to find out how Bootcamp worked, before I am going to order a MacBook because in that case WinXP installation will certainly become an issue!

Any experiences so far? Please let me know.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Alternative Operating Systems All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: