123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Elgato EyeTV 250

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Gear Guide
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 1:33 am    Post subject: Elgato EyeTV 250 Reply with quote

Product: Elgato EyeTV 250
Category: DVR

Summary:
EyeTV 250 is an ultra-compact, low priced TV receiver/recorder for analog TV. The EyeTV 250, about the size of the original iPod, takes its design cues from the Mac mini. EyeTV 250 contains a powerful hardware encoder that converts analog television signals into MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 formats. In addition to the television features, EyeTV 250 also offers advanced functionality to digitize VHS video tapes and to connect video game consoles to the Macintosh.

EyeTV 250 ships with EyeTV 2 TV recording software, which enables users to watch, record, pause, and replay television on the Macintosh. Recorded programs can be exported to 5th generation video iPods with one click, burned to DVDs with Toast 7 Titanium, and exported to many video formats such as H.264 or Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP). The formats required by the Apple iLife, Final Cut Pro, and DVD Studio Pro suite of applications are also supported. EyeTV 2 is a Universal application and runs on Macs with both PowerPC and Intel Core processors. [List Price: $199]

mrtoner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:23 pm    Post subject: So, how do use this with my Mac? Reply with quote

OK, so the EyeTV ($200) will record analog cable to my Mac. How do I then watch that on my *TV*? It looks like EyeConnect ($50) is a start, but I need an additional device to get it to my TV.

Look, all I want to do is replace my $50 VCR, but I'm already at $250 with EyeTV. What's my lowest-cost alternative to get EyeTV content on my (analog) TV?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Gear Guide All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: