123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Keyspan announces RF Remote for Front Row

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:41 am    Post subject: Keyspan announces RF Remote for Front Row Reply with quote

Keyspan announces RF Remote for Front Row
Monday April 3, 2006

Keyspan today announced its new RF Remote for Front Row, a sleek and powerful RF remote control designed specifically for use with Apple's Front Row multimedia software. The new remote uses a radio frequency (RF) signal that works through walls and furniture. This provides more flexibility in locating the Macintosh that is running Front Row. The remote delivers a range of 60 feet or more (twice the distance of infrared remotes) and features a set of 9 buttons, which allow a user to control Front Row software, eject a CD or DVD, put the Mac to sleep, and wake it up. The RF Remote for Front Row will begin shipping this month with a suggested retail price of $39.

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/460.html
Weee
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sort of wish Apple would have used RF or Bluetooth for the Apple remote. The range is a little limited with my Core Duo. This Keyspan one sounds like it could be good for people looking for more range. I guess it will work with the hack too??
kensteele

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's what i am thinking if you have a ppc macmin with fr, this might be for you. is there anything else?
Mackero

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do guys know, if this remote could work with Center Stage? and if could i use this remote to control other Apps without using FR ?
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mackero wrote:
Do guys know, if this remote could work with Center Stage? and if could i use this remote to control other Apps without using FR ?

I'm not 100% sure with this new remote, but you can use the key maps with their other remotes to control other apps. I bet you'll be able to do the same with this one.
iLife's a Bitch!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: