123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I've decided to go back to Windows...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini
View previous topic :: View next topic  
James T. Kirkę

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nalenb wrote:
James, all I see between the lines is:

take care,

Is there supposed to be more?

It sounded, if all the fuzz about spyware and large amounts of viruses and leaks are a hoax. But you haven 't seen, what I have seen during installing Windows XP! Mad
~ Registered Linux user #310054 ~
made in Xandros 3.0 (Linux)
nalenb

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was refering to your signature, between the lines, get it? Oh forget it.
James T. Kirkę

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nalenb wrote:
I was refering to your signature, between the lines, get it? Oh forget it.

Yes I saw what you meant, I'm not stupid. But if you wanted to make a jokeful statement, you could have used one of the smileys at your disposal.
Anyway: to stop this subthread once and for all: I'm convinced Microsoft and it's methods are monopolistic and they use the force of their money to crush competitors. Still they cannot make a safe work-environement. Of the latter you meant that was rubbish and you don't believe all the horrorstories about people who get compromised computers in a instance in a Windows environement. Moreover you meant that was Microsoft bashing as if it was paid. But I (and many more in my environement, ask Mavherzog) have expirienced that the MS OS is unsafe and in spite of many quality software which is developed for it, the basis OS is rotten, notwithstanding SP1, SP2 and many, many patches. I am not paid by anyone to bash MS (I wish!!) and even Mavherzog as an IT-er gets his income from it, so we have nothing to gain by it. We merely want to show people there is a way around it, if you own a normal PC, Linux for instance or the several BSD's. If you want an easy user friendly environement which is safe on top of that and you need a new computer, buy a MAC. That is exactly what this forum is all about. One has even the freedom to use MS software on his MAC or not. If you still are convinced it is the people who bring all the trouble over themselves while using Windows, that's your statement, I've seen different...
DellApple

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've used Microsoft Windows since day 1 when when it was released years ago and have used Mac's OS X since it was released and I got to say that OS X kicks Windows butt every which way. My friends can't believe to hear me bash PC's today like I used to bash Apple up to around March of 2001 when I accidently walked into an Apple Store while in San Diego on business. MY computer life has never been the same since that day. I still use my 600mhz ibook to this day. When I'm home its the Mac Mini.

I still have PC's in the home because of family issues! Smile But it seems like every 5-6 months I am having to reload the software because of slowness in using the computer. Never have I had to do this with OS X.

I'm hooked. As soon as I get another job, (I'm a laid off accountant) I plan on getting a Power book for my traveling needs. Thank God they have a version of Office for the Mac. And its better then Office XP.
James T. Kirkę

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DellApple wrote:
CUT Thank God they have a version of Office for the Mac. And its better then Office XP.

I have used M$ Office (several versions) but I work just as well with Open Office org and there is also a special Mac version available for free. If I can avoid M$ products, I certainly do that! Razz
DellApple

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

James T. Kirkę wrote:
DellApple wrote:
CUT Thank God they have a version of Office for the Mac. And its better then Office XP.

I have used M$ Office (several versions) but I work just as well with Open Office org and there is also a special Mac version available for free. If I can avoid M$ products, I certainly do that! Razz

Can Open Office open MS Office documents? Are there compatability issues?

Thanks!
James T. Kirkę

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it can, there can be slight issues how documents look like, but usually not. So .doc is opened in Writer, .xls in Calc and .pps/.ppt in Impress. One have to think of to safe in the wanted format though, especially if you want to share with Windoze-only users.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: