123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Still waiting!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LouieMacGoo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:03 pm    Post subject: Still waiting! Reply with quote

Well I ordered my Mini on March 25th and it is now it is April 25th and I still don't have it! Sad I recieved a letter yesterday stating that they (Mac Mall) are waiting for the product from their vendor (Apple) and will automatically ship the product upon receipt from Apple. The letter also says that the due date is April 27th! God I hope that it does ship on the 27th! It's like waiting for Christmas and having the date pushed back over and over again. The only thing that is giving me the patience is thinking that because of the delay it will come loaded with Tiger in stead of Panther. Cool I Hope! I Hope! Please let it get here soon!!!!!! Exclamation
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
idave

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man that's a long wait! At this point it might be better to cancel your order and re-order one from Apple on Friday. That way you'll be sure to get Tiger. Smile
2.0GHz Core 2 Duo Mac mini '09 (sold)
2.3GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 Mac mini
iMav
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

idave wrote:
Man that's a long wait! At this point it might be better to cancel your order and re-order one from Apple on Friday. That way you'll be sure to get Tiger. Smile

I'd DEFINITELY do that. Order on friday and save yourself from having to pay extra for tiger...
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
minime

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Mac Mall still waiting on their initial Mac mini orders? You may want to try Amazon, they show 1-2 availability. Amazon's probably won't come pre-loaded with Tiger for a few weeks though.
iMav
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minime wrote:
Is Mac Mall still waiting on their initial Mac mini orders? You may want to try Amazon, they show 1-2 availability. Amazon's probably won't come pre-loaded with Tiger for a few weeks though.

Isn't Apple shipping right away now?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
blazer
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apple store 1-3 business days for the mini...at least that's what they claim! Wink
2.5GHz Core i5 Mac mini (2011)
24" Dell LCD & 42" Sharp TV
EyeTV 250 Plus
1G, 2G, 3G, 4G and 5G iPod nanos
16GB 3G iPhone
iMav
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blazer wrote:
Apple store 1-3 business days for the mini...at least that's what they claim! Wink

Considering the fact that Apple is DEFINITELY taking care of themselves first (the Apple stores, that is), I'd buy direct unless you get some unbelievable deal from a reseller.
blazer
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mavherzog wrote:
blazer wrote:

Considering the fact that Apple is DEFINITELY taking care of themselves first (the Apple stores, that is), I'd buy direct unless you get some unbelievable deal from a reseller.

You said it! That's why most of these small Mac dealers are dropping like flies. The only reason to buy from anyone else is to save on tax.
EyeTV 250 Plus
16GB 3G iPhone
LouieMacGoo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I have thought long and hard about canceling the order because when I bought it from MacMall their site showed 1 to 2 weeks for shipping so who knows what is the truth from the other places. Also The perks I got made it a good deal. Free Keyboard & Mouse and I got a Nice printer (Epson R300) that I already have and love that only cost me about $20 after the rebates. The Keyboard & mouse rebate of $35 plus $80 in printer rebates, then the tax savings of about $40 = $155 in savings. And since I already have the printer, keyboard and mouse I am just going to wait and see if it ships on April 27th. If it doesn't I am going to raise some hell with MacMall and see if I can't get something for my inconvience and trouble!!! Can you say scanner! I can be a real pain in the @$$ when I feel that I have been done wrong! Waiting more than a month for something that I was led to believe would would be to me in one to two weeks falls under that heading!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
blazer
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lou.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease! Shoot for an iPod Wink
EyeTV 250 Plus
16GB 3G iPhone
LouieMacGoo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I called MacMall Yesterday and ripped into them about not getting my Mini yet and it Not even being shipped yet. I was told that they are getting a shipment on Monday May 2nd and I should have it no later then Friday the 6th. I was also told that they would give me a $50 refund once the Mini has shipped for the inconvience and trouble! I told them that I would take it but I was still not happy and would call to discuss the poor customer service and misleading ship dates posted on the site! Evil or Very Mad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: