123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Iogear Unveils MiniView USB KVM Switch

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:11 am    Post subject: Iogear Unveils MiniView USB KVM Switch Reply with quote

Iogear Unveils MiniView USB KVM Switch
Monday March 6, 2006

Iogear has announced the release of their MiniView USB KVM Switch, a four-port keyboard, video and mouse switch designed to fit underneath the Mac mini.

According to the company, "This self-powered KVM switch features the unique USB sniffing technology for USB mouse and keyboard emulation to ensure smooth operation, as well as support for Plug-n-Play monitors and most wheel mice. Our patented VSE Video Signal Enhancement technology provides rich, 32-bit color at resolutions up to 2048 x 1536.

Another big plus is the MiniView capability to provide audio support, it allows you to share your multimedia speakers among the connected computers.

This switch also offers multi-platform support; it compatible with Windows and Mac computers as well as Sun Solaris workstations. IOGEAR delivered a huge breakthrough in KVM operation to Mac and Sun users by enabling functionality for the special keys on these systems. When using a PC keyboard, a special set of hot keys are designed to emulate the special keys on Mac and Sun machines.

The Miniview Micro USB KVM has two 6' long KVM cables molded-in, all you need to do is to plug it into your computers and you'e got a complete KVM solution from IOGEAR. In addition, it has two other available ports to connect them to your computers for future expansion."

The Miniview Micro USB KVM is shipping now, and has a suggested retail price of $129.95

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/454.html
jdryyz

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Iogear Unveils MiniView USB KVM Switch Reply with quote

Now if only someone will make a DVI switcher. I would buy one instantly. Cost may be rather high though.
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Iogear Unveils MiniView USB KVM Switch Reply with quote

jdryyz wrote:
Now if only someone will make a DVI switcher.

I think there are a lot of people around here that feel the same way.
iLife's a Bitch!
retrophonic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Bott makes one for mac and PC which I plan on purchasing.

http://www.drbott.com/prod/db.lasso?code=1107-MDVI
James T Kirk
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet, but expensive and no DVI indeed, there should be a 2nd model with DVI support (or both). I bought an 2nd hands from Kobishi (Japanese quality brand) which just arrived. It has 4 (powered) USB ports and I found out, my scanner, printer, external soundcard (for line in and mic. in) and even keyboard+Logitech connected can't do without a non powered USB hub. So this is a real good idea and I paid only 30 Euro's incl. shipping. Actually new might not be that much more! It is even provided with PS/2->USB adapters so if I wish I can connect my old windows keyboard and mouse Mr. Green (Only problem is, my PC is dual boot and the keybord doesn't work in BIOS and Bootmanager). As soon as I buy myself a new monitor with DVI, I have a problem of course...
psychologist

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very good looking unit and it also allows you to hook up speakers. Too bad I already purchased a different unit that functions well. The advantage of the speakers simply doesn't justify the price.
stuaz

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where can i get one in the UK?
NoviMac

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it true that a lot of functionallity (i.e., multi media buttons, volume controls, thumb button, wheel) do not pass thru the USB switch? How can this be?
prats4

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some photo's of the Mini's. My Intel is on the right and the G4 on the left. Both are hooked to a MiniStack and my PC. All run on one monitor and keyboard. I use a Iomega KVM to hook it all together.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: