123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Software question.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac OS X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lot41

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:37 pm    Post subject: Software question. Reply with quote

I have a g3 I think it is referred to as a sawtooth. It has 9.2.1 on it. How do I know what is the newest OS I can use?
Thanks
Aquafire
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Software question. Reply with quote

lot41 wrote:
I have a g3 I think it is referred to as a sawtooth. It has 9.2.1 on it. How do I know what is the newest OS I can use?
Thanks

If its a G3, it can't be a "Sawtooth". Sawtooth refers to a PowerMac G4.

As such, it should run Tiger, so long as it has a DVD drive. If not, you can try hooking up another Firewire capable Mac to install Tiger in "T" mode.

Leopard, requires a much faster clock speed, so your out of luck there.

Other than that, the good news, is you can multiboot natively, using OS-9.2, OS-X and Linux/Unix.

In anycase, the Sawtooth model details are here..

http://www.lowendmac.com/ppc/sawtooth-power-mac-g4-agp.html

Have fun... Cool

Aqua

Which would you choose?

OS X : LinuX : UniX or MS-BolloX.
frankdawsonjr

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ran tiger on a Blue and white g3 or a while just fine, A little slow, but runable. just make sure you have at least 512meg of ram in it! and as aquafire said a dvd drive!

Good Luck!
macmanmacman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you could also try leopard assist but i really would recommend just staying with tiger it works the best with g3 computers but you will need to check your processor speed because if you have one of the g3 200 Mhz machines you cannot run tiger because the processor requirement won't let it install.
Fox
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My iMac G3/400 with 512 mb ram well with Tiger, albeit a little slow. The Leopard installer won't permit you to put Leopard on a G3. Although there are ways to get around this, I wouldn't recommend it.
lot41

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Software question. Reply with quote

You are right it is a G4
I bought it for $5.00 at a church garage sale it was donated and it works great. I even got a 20' old apple monitor but haven tried it. It is huge so I don't thing I really want it anyway. They just wanted me to take it because it was so heavy.

Aquafire wrote:
lot41 wrote:
Thanks

If its a G3, it can't be a "Sawtooth". Sawtooth refers to a PowerMac G4.

As such, it should run Tiger, so long as it has a DVD drive. If not, you can try hooking up another Firewire capable Mac to install Tiger in "T" mode.

Leopard, requires a much faster clock speed, so your out of luck there.

Other than that, the good news, is you can multiboot natively, using OS-9.2, OS-X and Linux/Unix.

In anycase, the Sawtooth model details are here..

http://www.lowendmac.com/ppc/sawtooth-power-mac-g4-agp.html

Have fun... Cool

Aqua
macmanmacman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah so your dealing with one of these old crt colored mac monitors yea the one for the g3 is really heavy watch out for the power cell in the monitor when you plug it in the reason apple stopped making that model of monitor was eventually the power cell goes out and the monitor shoots sparks which could cause a fire minus the fact i have had 2 of these and yes when they go they do make a poping sound and smell like burnt circuits but never really had any spark issues.
valefortia

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comkinozones.rulaserlens.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.rustungun.rulargeheart.ru
lasercalibration.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.ru
mailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.runameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.ru
neatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ru
onesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.rupapercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ru
qualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.ru
readingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.rurectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.ru
salestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.ru
semifinishmachining.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.ru
tenementbuilding.ruultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.rujournallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.ru
kaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.ru
kleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.rukondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.ru
lacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.ru
landingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.rulanguagelaboratory.rufactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.ru
galvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ru
haemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ruhangonpart.ru
haphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ru
heatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.ru
valefortia

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkd
kdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkd
kdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkd
tarizz
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

XI43AMCHMrCeDaFrmaPaXXXVBaRoGoTeRiSGTeAlZeXVMoRoTeXIGeCaJSAl
DoScOrQuMoVrIXUrRaLiMrCDmeSoReXILiLEPuCoWhSnXIHoOvLeELSeMu
OsThTbElJaClOMXVTrRoPuPuSiMoNoELNispSpPaZeDCPlHaLPNaQuAHXI
MAXXDeksRarrMLXXZeXIZeAgZespZeZeZeZespZeAuspZeZeOPGespDCZe
WeGeDeXIShKaGoHoFaAsIQDeWoPSCaStOlWISTSUIIMaSmUbVaMDMaHaLR
WoWeSoSmEmDrUnChqMMiAlSwLuHoVeJoArLoprFOXXXXRoNaKaCDPRDaDe
SaGWThInRoXIRoDVNaWeToIfExCDIaEnEnJaCoPlADTuInSoPrErCletBi
MaGoMiDeKoKaXXCeArUnFoBrLeLohoIVXXMe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac OS X All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: