123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

40" LCD and Mac Mini

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini HTPC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bensin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:06 pm    Post subject: 40" LCD and Mac Mini Reply with quote

Hi, all

I'm thinking about purchasing a mac mini to attach to my Samsung 40" LCD TV. I was reading the specs of the new mini and noticed that it had shared memory. Though i plan on maxxing out the whole 2gigs of available ram space will this cause lose in quailty because of the video card?
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: 40" LCD and Mac Mini Reply with quote

bensin wrote:
Hi, all

I'm thinking about purchasing a mac mini to attach to my Samsung 40" LCD TV. I was reading the specs of the new mini and noticed that it had shared memory. Though i plan on maxxing out the whole 2gigs of available ram space will this cause lose in quailty because of the video card?

I'm not sure about games, but one of the moderators here says 1080p runs good.

http://www.123macmini.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4066
iLife's a Bitch!
EpaL

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: 40" LCD and Mac Mini Reply with quote

g5g5 wrote:
bensin wrote:
Hi, all

I'm not sure about games, but one of the moderators here says 1080p runs good.

http://www.123macmini.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4066

My $0.02...

Just tested 'The Cars' new trailer @ 1080p and 720p on a 1GB Core Duo Mac Mini and neither of them caused it to break a sweat. MenuMeters showed both CPUs at about 55% on the 1080p version and slightly less for 720p - I suspect 1GB of RAM helped here but I cant be sure without comparing.

Interestingly both cores are barely above idle when doing normal SD xVids...

Sweet!
cjb110

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

currently got a 1.66 duo with 512mb and that plays back 720p and 1080p mov's fine, and if booting to xp it can still play them and hd wmvs too.

mines connected via VGA to my Samsung LE40M51 40@ LCD...looks brill! Razz

memory or faster hd wont help fix hd playback problems. Faster cpu's are the only option...gfx cards that can video accelerate might help a bit...not sure how much they reduce the cpu requirement though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini HTPC All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: