123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mac Mini Scion xB Project

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:18 am    Post subject: Mac Mini Scion xB Project Reply with quote

Mac Mini Scion xB Project
Our friends over at HTmini have told us about a new Mac mini auto install. In this Mac mini auto installation we get to see a 1.42Ghz Mac Mini with 512mb/80gb/Airport & Bluetooth customized and installed into a Scion xB. The project looks to be coming along nicely with features like a 7" Lilliput XGA Touchscreen, power button from 12 G4 Powerbook and USB ports mounted on the dash. Holes were drilled into the sides of the Mac mini securing it to mounting brackets and the cables were run underneath the carpet up to the front display. Power for the Mac mini comes from a power inverter that shares the battery connection with a Kicker 550.3 amp "Car turns off, Car-Puter stays on!".

The Scion xB full setup includes:
- 1.42Ghz Mac Mini 512mb/80gb/ComboDrive/Airport/Bluetooth
- 7" Lilliput XGA Touchscreen
- 175 Watt DC - AC Inverter
- 3x 10' USB Extension Cables
- 10' VGA Extension Cable
- 4 Port Self Powered USB Hub
- 15' RCA Cable

Pictures

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/292.html
dbatrium

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:49 am    Post subject: Mac Mini Scion xB Project Reply with quote

I see the 7" screens going with the Mac mini as cheese with bread. No I know they are not Laptops or iBooks, or IBook mini's in fact they are IRoamable Devices going where no Mac has gone before.

The "iVery" it is a code name I have given for whatever will take us away from the Mac mini, and such an item, to me would have be too expensive but if the Mac mini or Mac mini like developments can get the traction of the iPod then it would drive a market wedge against so many small form PC's from gaining a foothold in the small form iAppliance field that Apple holds captive for the moment by clever invention.
The car, the boat, the cabin , the mobile home the camping ground situation (fuel cell) activated. The automobile solution is one of many many situations for the amazing Mac mini.
JJ
lennon1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Tunertricks GTi with Mac mini was the best ever.
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lennon wrote:
The Tunertricks GTi with Mac mini was the best ever.

That one will be hard to beat. JC it had a touchpad, ipod dock, and Griffin PowerMate, that is more than I have on my desk!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: