123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DVI-Splitter Cable; EDTV and LCD monitor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini HTPC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oregonmaclover

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:06 pm    Post subject: DVI-Splitter Cable; EDTV and LCD monitor Reply with quote

I'm investigating setting up a combo home theater/computing station using one mac mini with a single video card. I want to know if using a "DVI Digital Male to 2 DVI Digital Female Splitter Cable" will work with both a DVI EDTV (800X600 resolution) and a DVI 17" LCD display (that can go up to 1280X1024 resolution) hooked up to it. I'm specifically wondering about problems simultaneously running two devices with different resolutions.

Just to clarify, I'm not wanting to run two displays to extend the desktop, I simply want the same output on both screens.

I'm afraid I'll have to use the resolution of the lowest resolution device that's connected to it. Since the TV works at 800X600, will I be forced to use my lcd display at that resolution, too? I'd like to know if anyone has actually done this.

Also, is the mac mini's video output powerful enough to run two devices in a split configuration like the one I'm describing?
xmen65
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You would probably need to use something like this.

http://www.gefen.com/kvm/product.jsp?prod_id=1403
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini HTPC All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: