123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

iPod AV Connection Kit

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Influx

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:10 pm    Post subject: iPod AV Connection Kit Reply with quote

I was just wondering if anyone has gotten this and what they think of it. It seems to be an excellent price for what is in the kit.

I am familiar with the complaints about the remote menu button, but I am more concerned with the quality of sound and video that it has. I know I am not going to get anything spectacular but was just looking for general opinions from people that have used the kit.

Thanks;
Jason
Mac user since Aug 27 1956
castaway

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:23 am    Post subject: Re: iPod AV Connection Kit Reply with quote

Influx wrote:
I am familiar with the complaints about the remote menu button, but I am more concerned with the quality of sound and video that it has. I know I am not going to get anything spectacular but was just looking for general opinions from people that have used the kit.

Thanks;
Jason

I don't own the kit, but I have the A/V cable. Video quality is average at best. It's probably on the same level as VHS. Most of my movies are ripped from Handbrake. Audio quality is also average. It sounds good over basic telly speakers, but tinny when it's amplified over a stereo. My pure music sounds a little better. Most of my MP3s have been ripped at 192kbps.
lojo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:33 am    Post subject: iPod AV Connection Kit Reply with quote

[ I was just wondering if anyone has gotten this and what they think of it. It seems to be an excellent price for what is in the kit.]

I own the kit and it is a good buy. If you price the items individually that are in the kit you readily conclude that it is a better buy. The remote may not be one of the most functional but it comes in handy for me.

I have had very good results with picture quality on my TV using the AV cable. Before buying the kit, I used the cable from my camcorder, you just have to switch the colors. It works fine using a regular cable (red to yellow, yellow to white, white to red).

I have had inconsistent results with Handbrake. I could not get Madagascar to record past the intros and could not get the sound on Bambi II, the picture was fair. I had very good results with Nemo. It seems as though it takes an awful long time to convert one movie using Handbrake.

Good luck.
Apple Wireless Keyboard and Mighty Mouse
Sony 32" LCD HDTV Monitor-Bravia
Apple iPod Hi Fi
LaCie mini HUB 500GB
Influx

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On further research, I think something like this would better suit my needs. I think I will be getting that when it released next month.
Mac user since Aug 27 1956
lojo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:14 pm    Post subject: A/V for iPod Reply with quote

Great, Influx. Thanks for sharing.
Apple Wireless Keyboard and Mighty Mouse
Sony 32" LCD HDTV Monitor-Bravia
Apple iPod Hi Fi
LaCie mini HUB 500GB
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> iPods All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: