123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Mac mini always an iAppliance

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> More News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brian
News Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 2:02 pm    Post subject: The Mac mini always an iAppliance Reply with quote

The Mac mini always an iAppliance
"There are a number of features which make the Mac mini an iAppliance. Firstly its form and size and secondly the versatility and wide range of functions such a small form device can perform its connectedness and yes even its personality. That is what we impart to it when we accessorize it and start decorating and adding elements."

http://dbatrium.blogspot.com/2005/04/mac-mini-always-iappliance.html
dbatrium

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 12:51 am    Post subject: The Mac mini always an iAppliance Reply with quote

Hi Brian Charles and all,
From the begining I have looked at what so many have done with accessories for the iPod and how decoratables have been manufactured to give a personality or individualism now I am seeing that with the Mac mini. We dont see that trend with the iMac G5 and above or even the eMac for that matter, it is because they are not perceived as iAppliances, whereas the Mac mini is by nature of its size and specifications.
I think we are at the beginning for Mac mini accessories, and the true revolution commences in how we approach computing in the future. The Mac mini is the bridge device, I am certain. I imagine that so many have been touting for an iBook mini have forgotten that the Mac mini seems to be designed around the workings of an iBook. So what limits a further reduction, only take out the DVD COMBO, and have an external component as a peripheral as an add on. Perhaps if they go for the reductionist theory and then mould on a 5" screen. We could have a Mac mini with vision and a peripheral optional dvd drive , how many do we need? I have 3 with one to come, but my iBook is CD only by choice I bought an external high speed burner to go with it. Burners I have so many and I hardly use them, except for movies. Oh and I discovered I cannot load iLife onto my iBook with only a CD, so I will have to think about that, so what about Tiger and my iBook? Surely Apple will supply a CD version? May be not.
Enough reflection
JJ (Yep I am thinking aloud.)
Laughing
PS Just imagine the effect of Apple selling 10 million Mac mini's as they have iPods!
JJ
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> More News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: