123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple's Multi Touch Technology

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GrendelPrime

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:18 am    Post subject: Apple's Multi Touch Technology Reply with quote

After seeing THIS little demonstration, I'm really excited about the possibilities.

They demonstrate what a multi-touch technology equipped monitor would be capable of, and I found myself grinning at the potential.

Now if they can just incorporate force-feedback to a touchscreen...
ack_mac
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:06 am    Post subject: Re: Apple's Multi Touch Technology Reply with quote

GrendelPrime wrote:
After seeing THIS little demonstration, I'm really excited about the possibilities.

They demonstrate what a multi-touch technology equipped monitor would be capable of, and I found myself grinning at the potential.

Now if they can just incorporate force-feedback to a touchscreen...

Very cool... Can you say Minority Report???
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw that a few days ago. I was like.... Shocked I'd like to crank up the Floyd, turn out the lights, and have the chance to mess around with it for a couple of hours.
picaman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

devo wrote:
I saw that a few days ago.

Yeah I saw it when it was linked from digg.com--I love the part where they resize and rearrange the photos.

Smile

Jamie
e3mw

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw this a few days ago as well. I am really excited about it. Think of the applications to Video Games, Macs, Ipods, Menu's just about anything. We have some exciting next few years to look forward to as far as the advancement of displays and interactivity are concerned.
30GB 5th Gen iPod | 512MB Shuffle
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
cinemafia

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This project doesn't seem to have anything to do with Apple, actually. How did it become associated with them?
poisonfist

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cinemafia wrote:
This project doesn't seem to have anything to do with Apple, actually. How did it become associated with them?

Because the new patent that Apple has submitted will allow similar results. The demo uses a projector and a camera which will not be possible to use on a tablet or a notebook but with Apple's patents, the screen itself can handle both showing an image (as any screen would) as well as see images. You can achieve the same results using the screen itself as a camera. Rumor has it that this will also allow the screen to capture video so you wouldn't need an integrated iSight for a video chat. Ah, rumors.

328i sport package
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poisonfist wrote:
Rumor has it that this will also allow the screen to capture video so you wouldn't need an integrated iSight for a video chat. Ah, rumors.

That would be truly amazing! Cool
cinemafia

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poisonfist wrote:
cinemafia wrote:

Because the new patent that Apple has submitted will allow similar results. The demo uses a projector and a camera which will not be possible to use on a tablet or a notebook but with Apple's patents, the screen itself can handle both showing an image (as any screen would) as well as see images. You can achieve the same results using the screen itself as a camera. Rumor has it that this will also allow the screen to capture video so you wouldn't need an integrated iSight for a video chat. Ah, rumors.

Ahhh, I get it. Thanks, I was really curious, since I had seen this video elsewhere without any sort of reference to Apple (and also because many of the comments left on that link).
ranger1021

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now they need to incorporate with the Minority Report gloves (which are real and DO EXIST).
cinemafia

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a lot of hype about this happening in the audio production world, as this could potentially kick a lot of ass as a MIDI/DAW control system. It's got me really excited...and if Apple does release something like this, I'll be chomping at the bit to try it.
ranger1021

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the Apple Tablet waiting to happen!!
picaman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ranger1021 wrote:
It's the Apple Tablet waiting to happen!!

Razz Laughing

The rumor that Will. Not. Die.

Jamie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: