123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Are you holding out for the PS3?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are you hold out for the PS3
Hell ya!
41%
 41%  [ 10 ]
Naaaa
37%
 37%  [ 9 ]
Gots the XBOX 360
20%
 20%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 24

Frecklefacecase

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:34 pm    Post subject: Are you holding out for the PS3? Reply with quote

Are you peoples hold out for the PS3, if so tell me why and what you think its going to priced and a so on an so forth. thanks
cinemafia

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm holding out for the Revolution- which, I realize, is not coming until Thanksgiving.
kenbodude

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never really was into the playstation console all that much. I have a ps1 but never bought another sony system after that. I prefer the xbox consoles and the nintendo consoles.
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will buy the PS3 when it comes out. If I feel up to standing in line. Laughing But I have to admit the online play of the 360 sounds better.
Texark

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cinemafia wrote:
I'm holding out for the Revolution- which, I realize, is not coming until Thanksgiving.

Are they still going to make that vertical contoller for the Revolution?
kenbodude

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texark wrote:
cinemafia wrote:

Are they still going to make that vertical contoller for the Revolution?

I sure hope not. That controller looks terrible.
bwanac

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Revolution controller
I dont think you understand this device. Basically take your mouse and make it work in a 3d space instead of a plane as it does on computers. It is NOT A LIGHT GUN. You do not point it at what you want, it works with small movements like your mouse and quantifies it accordingly to the screen size. If you do not understand the significance of this, you are not understanding it. Rolling Eyes

PS3
Tempted to get it. After a price drop maybe. Mostly I have never owned a sony console but now after 3 generations there is quite a few games I want to play. And it will be a technical beast... if they can control quality! Which they are not very good at, which is why I never buy Sony equipment.

Xbox 360
I will have to wait for the others to compare them all.
poisonfist

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am holding out for the PS3. Cuz I try not to give MS any $, [sarcasm]cuz I'm Japanese so I think Sony r0cKs!!! but for some reason not down with Nintendo[/sarcasm], cuz my wishful thinking says Blu-ray is gonna be the shiznit. I will probably wait till Sony irons out all the kinks in the console but I am willing to pay for the rumored high price for it.

328i sport package
kenbodude

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bwanac wrote:
Revolution controller
I dont think you understand this device. Basically take your mouse and make it work in a 3d space instead of a plane as it does on computers. It is NOT A LIGHT GUN. You do not point it at what you want, it works with small movements like your mouse and quantifies it accordingly to the screen size. If you do not understand the significance of this, you are not understanding it. Rolling Eyes

From the pictures I have seen the controller consists of two parts. A joystick like controller in one hand and a remote like controller in the other. If this is how the controller will be I dont think I will like it. It just seems hard to have a two piece controller. Who knows perhaps it will be the best controller to ever hit the market but I still see it being hard to get used to.
TheBattler

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenbodude wrote:
bwanac wrote:
Revolution controller

From the pictures I have seen the controller consists of two parts. A joystick like controller in one hand and a remote like controller in the other. If this is how the controller will be I dont think I will like it. It just seems hard to have a two piece controller. Who knows perhaps it will be the best controller to ever hit the market but I still see it being hard to get used to.

If it's mouse type anything I won't even consider it if it's propriety. I'm interested in console gaming because it takes me away from the dregs of my desk, and away from the anti-ergonomic keyboard I confine myself to because it's "bluetooth".

1.42 ghz mini, Bluetooth/Airport, 1gb Ram, Superdrive, 80gb 7200RPM (internal)

60gb 5th gen iPod
xmen65
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the Xbox 360 controller! It's the best ever. The PS3's boomerang controller looks a little uncomfortable, and the Revolution controller seems like a novelty. It will be interesting to see the Revolution controller in person. You never know, it could be cool.
ranger1021

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm waiting for the PS3. I will wait for about half a year for it to come down in price, though. I'm tight on cash right now. I have a gamecube now, and am thinking about the Revolution, but the PS3 is the priority.
ack_mac
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to wait for the PS3 (it is supposed to be out this spring) before I decided which next gen console to buy. But, Sony is showing no indication (rumors are Oct/Nov 06) that it is coming out anytime soon, and looking at the specs, the 360 has a ton of potential (not to mention almost 1 year headstart on the PS3).

I played it (the 360) a few times at Target and Circuit City and was pretty impressed. So, on a whim, my local Best Buy had one premium system left and I grabbed it. I love it. I have been playing Call of Duty 2 non-stop and am very impressed with this game and the online (Live) play. I play it in HD on my 56" DLP, and I can tell you the graphics completely blow away the current PS2/Xbox/Gamecube.. PGR3 (racing game) is amazing also!

I am still very interested in the PS3, but have a lot of questions:
- When will it be released?
- Sony is being really weird about providing info. Not in an Apple secretive way, but as in weird, to the point that I think the PS3 has fallen REALLY far behind on the release date... They barely mentioned it at CES...
- Due to supply/demand, are people going to have to fight to get one like the 360? I will never buy a marked up console..
- What will the cost be? Blu-Ray is not cheap (the Phillips Blu-Ray player is around $1800..
- How much will the games cost? (Blu-Ray disks cost considerably more than DVDs)..
- The current 360 games are no where near to utilizing the potential of the machine, will the slightly better PS3 specs even matter for a few years until developers can tap into the true potenial?
- Rumors from several developers are that the PS3 is more difficult and costly to develop games for compared to the 360. If this is true, it may drive up cost and time to market for PS3 games.
- What about a "Live" type service? To date, there have been rumors, but no real info from Sony as to whether they would offer such a service. This is huge to me and is almost a dealbreaker. If you have never played or seen the 360 Live service, it is unbelieveable.. Being able to try games out for free online without having to pay for them first is great, and playing other users online makes games worth the premium price you pay.

Anyway, I am excited when the PS3 comes out, and will have to determine whether or not to Ebay my 360, but as it stands, the 360 may not have any competition for at least 6-8 months..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: