123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

World of warcraft
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Gaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roughneck

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rosco wrote:
My daughter has given me a copy of WoW but I'm too tight to pay to play it... is there a free way to play it on my Mini?

The first month is FREE. All you need to do is have your credit card ready, then cancel your membership about 25 days after your first setup your account. If you don't cancel the membership they will bill you monthly.

And yes, I've got an OC'ed 1.5ghz mini that runs WOW pretty well at 800 x 600.

It's a very nice MMORPG, but only time will tell if I take my membership past the free period. Unfortunately, Lord of the Rings Online will demand an investment in a high powered (driven by an Nvidia 7800 GT card) PC system. My mini will still be my favorite computer but I'm gonna need my Middle Earth fix.
AndyMac

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW is a nice game but i really dont think its worth the money to play online. I found it was alittle laggy on my mini when i was in a busy area.
TheBattler

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roughneck wrote:

Unfortunately, Lord of the Rings Online will demand an investment in a high powered (driven by an Nvidia 7800 GT card) PC system. My mini will still be my favorite computer but I'm gonna need my Middle Earth fix.

Well I'm not sure if that game is compatibe with Mac OS X but there are plenty of video cards that work in Macs with the equivalent of a 7800gt.

1.42 ghz mini, Bluetooth/Airport, 1gb Ram, Superdrive, 80gb 7200RPM (internal)

60gb 5th gen iPod
Roughneck

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheBattler wrote:
Roughneck wrote:

Unfortunately, Lord of the Rings Online will demand an investment in a high powered (driven by an Nvidia 7800 GT card) PC system. My mini will still be my favorite computer but I'm gonna need my Middle Earth fix.

Well I'm not sure if that game is compatibe with Mac OS X but there are plenty of video cards that work in Macs with the equivalent of a 7800gt.

That's just it. It's a DirectX based game that's only being developed for the Windows platform. The team responsible for Asheron's Call on the PC is bringing this out later this year.

It's the only game that's quite literally (IMHO) worth me building a $1000 PC for.

I've followed the Middle Earth/Lord of the Rings Online gaming project since the end of 1997. Surprisingly, back then I found out about the project on a Mac forum. Back then, they were talking about a high end dual Pentium II 400mhz unit as the ideal system to game on.

Sorry for going off topic.

WOW is a nice game on the mini, but it's easy to see how much better the game would be with a little more graphic card muscle pushing it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Gaming All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: