123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple Unveils 1GB iPod nano
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frecklefacecase

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those of us with HUGE music librays wont even take a look at this. I mean yea its a good idea, i know it will catch those "i want a iPod, but there to much" buyer. It's good, just NOT for me.
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frecklefacecase wrote:
For those of us with HUGE music librays wont even take a look at this. I mean yea its a good idea, i know it will catch those "i want a iPod, but there to much" buyer. It's good, just NOT for me.

I'm going to dispute this one.

I like the fact that the nano is solid state and small. I listen to so many podcasts now that I hardly have time to listen to my music library. I fill my iPod up with about 6 hours worth of podcasts daily. I am always deleting the podcasts so the need for a large amount of storage is not necessary.

I know you are talking about a large music library, but you can still have a large music library on your hard drive and fill a smaller capacity iPod with a random playlist daily.

I have a 40GB model. If it broke, I would consider a nano.
ack_mac
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandit Bill wrote:
Frecklefacecase wrote:

I'm going to dispute this one.

I like the fact that the nano is solid state and small. I listen to so many podcasts now that I hardly have time to listen to my music library. I fill my iPod up with about 6 hours worth of podcasts daily. I am always deleting the podcasts so the need for a large amount of storage is not necessary.

I know you are talking about a large music library, but you can still have a large music library on your hard drive and fill a smaller capacity iPod with a random playlist daily.

I have a 40GB model. If it broke, I would consider a nano.

I agree with Bandit Bill too. In addition, the 1GB Nano is not really targeting users who want a big hard drive. It is going after those people who did not want to spend a ton of money and were reluctant to buy the shuffle since it had no screen. I think it is a very smart move.

Like Bandit Bill said, you can always move certain playlists over as you want. I mean it still hold 240 songs, and lets face it, the thing is a work of beauty... I currently own an iPod mini (4GB) and bought my wife the Nano (2GB) for Christmas. I really envy the Nano... Even the Mini looks big next to the thing...

But.. I think my next iPod will play video..
MJRBIM

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:44 am    Post subject: Where's the 6, 8 or 10 Gb Nano...? Reply with quote

Frecklefacecase wrote:

I have to agree, I love my 4 Gb Nano - but it's almost always full.

I'd really look forward to a 6, 8 or 10 Gb Nano...I like the small profile and the flash-drive.
Weee
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devo wrote:
Weee wrote:
Edit: Does anyone out there have one of the new iPod radio remotes? How do you like it?

I've been thinking about buying one. iLounge has a good review with plenty of pictures and comments.

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/reviews/comments/apple-computer-ipod-radio-remote-ipod/

Thanks for the link. I ordered a white 1GB nano and the radio remote on Friday.
Weee
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read two things over the weekend that have me slightly concerned about my nano purchase. It should be here later this week.

1. The screen is reportedly not as bright as the 2GB and 4GB models.

2. There's an extra lip around the edge to prevent scratching.

I can live with number #2. Can anyone comment on #1? How do you like the screen on your 1GB nano?
castufari

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is a great idea. I bought a Shuffle in June since I spend a lot of time driving around between my jobsites (regional IT guy, my territory is a 6 hour drive from one side to the other). I was going to get a standard iPod but I really can't drive and look at the display. I have a 140gb library of music that I rotate through. At this time I have 20 playlists, I come home, drop a playlist onto my shuffle then add a podcast (either twit, a surf one, morning coffee notes) then go on my way.

The shuffle is a beast. I've dropped it several times, it's gotten tossed around at the gym and it still works. If it died today I'd feel as if I'd gotten my money's worth. I listen to it about 12 hours/week. If I'm in the car, it's there with me. Ok, the @#$@#$ changer in my car broke, the replacement is nuts expensive, the iPod works well.

The Shuffle is what pulled me into MacLand. In the future I might get an iMac for the house after I turn my mini into a media box.

If I was going to spend 249 on a nano I'd just get one of the 30gb units.
castaway

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

castufari wrote:
I have a 140gb library of music that I rotate through. At this time I have 20 playlists.

Wow! Like how many songs is that?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: