123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Bamboo" touchpad from Wacom

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Accessories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Pontificator
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:08 am    Post subject: "Bamboo" touchpad from Wacom Reply with quote

Does anyone use one of these? Is anyone considering the purchase of a Bamboo touchpad?

http://www.wacom.com/bamboo/bamboo_touch.php?gclid=CI_h4KCd8Z8CFQMGswodSkX4Yw
Cypher
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been looking at them for a while now, but I keep holding back as I'm not sure how much I would use it. I'm not sure how useful the small ones would be and they quickly jump up in price as you go larger

Mac Mini 2.53GHz - iMac 2.0Ghz - Macbook Pro 2.4GHz - iPad 1 32GB 3G - iPad Air 2 64GB
8TB Netgear Ready NAS NV+ - 11TB Drobo S
The Pontificator
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I need to look closer at that page. I didn't realize they had different sizes.
Cypher
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started off looking at the Bamboo range, and then ended up on the Intuios range before realising how much is was going to cost me. Razz

http://www.wacom.com/intuos/

I really like the idea of using a pen rather than a mouse.

Mac Mini 2.53GHz - iMac 2.0Ghz - Macbook Pro 2.4GHz - iPad 1 32GB 3G - iPad Air 2 64GB
JohnnyBoy
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pontificator, this is uncanny... Shocked ...I went into my local Apple reseller on Wednesday specifically to ask about this very thing -- graphics tablets from Wacom. (Cue theme tune to "The Twilight Zone")

Yeah, the little silver Bamboo tablet made a very good touch pad. But to be honest, it seemed no more convenient than a mouse.

Then I had a go with an Intuos tablet and pen. Of course, the sensation of holding a pen felt very natural. However, the absence of friction when moving the pen, the disconnect between applying pressure on the desk but seeing the results on the screen and the time-lag between moving the pen and seeing the effect on-screen all meant that it was really quite hard to accurately draw anything.

The sales guy assured me that practice makes perfect, and that if you used the tablet for everything (including mouse duties) then your results would get better. But that's quite a leap of faith when you're faced with the price tag of an Intuos.

Which brought me back to the £52 Bamboo. It comes with a stylus, so that seemed like the lowest-risk way to discover whether a graphics tablet is as useful as I imagined it would be.
Cypher
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was in my local Apple Store this afternoon having my daughters Macbook cover plate replaced yet again, 3rd time now and the second time in two months Evil or Very Mad

Whilst we were there I mentioned the graphic tablets to her as an option which would save her using the trackpad on the macbook and to my surprise I turned around to a see a woman having a One to One session on the Bamboo. It looked like her first go on one but she was obviously a skilled artist and it was amazing to watch her, and the Apple guy, playing with the tablets and seeing their results on the screen. As it was a One to One session I didn't interrupt but I wish I had and asked her what she thought.

BTW I did notice a slight lag as Johnny mentioned but it didn't seem to be causing the lady any problems and her drawing was brilliant.

valefortia
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comkinozones.rulaserlens.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.rustungun.rulargeheart.ru
lasercalibration.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.ru
mailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.runameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.ru
neatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ru
onesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.rupapercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ru
qualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.ru
readingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.rurectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.ru
salestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.ru
semifinishmachining.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.ru
tenementbuilding.ruultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.rujournallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.ru
kaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.ru
kleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.rukondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.ru
lacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.ru
landingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.rulanguagelaboratory.rufactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.ru
galvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ru
haemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ruhangonpart.ru
haphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ru
heatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.ru
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Accessories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: