123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any CSS experts around here?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
picaman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:12 pm    Post subject: Any CSS experts around here? Reply with quote

I'm having a heck of a time getting the CSS right on my personal website:

http://www.queerspace.com

My site has 3 columns and its CSS is currently set up very simply (and improperly). As is, the columns won't wrap properly when the page is less than full size or when the resolution is low (800x600, etc.) in IE on the PC.

I've Googled and researched and attempted to implement a solution (the CSS at http://www.queerspace.com/jamiestylesfloat.css) but the right column always goes to the bottom of the page in IE Windows. I'd like to make the site look like it does now, but with the CSS corrected so that everything wraps well.

As you can tell, I'm somewhat of a duffer when it comes to coding, so I really appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks in advance,

Smile

Jamie
cinemafia

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use css...but I can't say I'm all that great at troubleshooting issues with it (though I do know that 99% of them either exist only in IE or anything other than IE). That being said...when something isn't working I usually rape (for lack of a better term...or perhaps in spite of) some css templates.

This is one of my favorites, and the right column doesn't jump in IE/Win at small windows sizes. Might want to rape...er, ahem, borrow some code from it and splice it into yours.
picaman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the link. That's one of the 100 or so (at least it seems like that many!) templates I've attempted to rip off, but it didn't work for me either. I use Greymatter for my blog software (the part in the center column), and I have a feeling that the problem is buried somewhere in there.

Maybe I'll just post a disclaimer for the IE users, and tell them to buy a Mac or at least use Firefox. Let 'em eat cake, right? Razz

Jamie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: