123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wireless keyboard and mouse recommendations?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini
View previous topic :: View next topic  
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andp wrote:
Th Apple keyboard one of the best I've ever owned. I really like the feel and response of the keys.

I agree plus the keys being marked for shorcuts will help out new users.
tick0001

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know the apple mouse is often maligned, but i try to offer an alternate viewpoint. it has a couple nice features that are overlooked sometimes.

caveat: i use a logitech MX900 bluetooth which obviously has many buttons and a scroll wheel. i like multi-button scrolling mice. but when i need to charge the bluetooth mouse, and pull out the apple rodent, certain things become apparent:

the "the mouse is the button" design relieves strain on your index finger. i find when i use the apple mouse, i use my middle finger, or mulitple fingers to click. this reduces the effort required to click and strain on the index finger and wrist (which adds up over time).
furthermore, the single button design reinforces (or just forces) the "one hand on the mouse and one hand on the keyboard" mentality", and promotes improved posture (as opposed to the fist under chin position of right-click addicts like me Smile). it adds up to a one plus three (ctrl,opt,cmd) button mouse.
i also find the apple mouse to be an excellent optical mouse with good tracking and weight.

but of course, no scroll wheel :/
iMav
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use an older IBM keyboard and 3-button (no scroll wheel) Logitech Marble. (and I absolutely LOVE them).

However, using my wife's standard Apple keyboard and mouse with her iMac is very enjoyable. The keyboard is very smooth and I actually DO prefer it to my old IBM standby. And the mouse is a LOT less annoying than I though it would be. Smile
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
schmidlapper

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if you are used to a scroll wheel mouse then you would miss it using the Apple Bluetooth mouse. But I also think it is a very good quality mouse. I come from the Windows side and really like a scroll wheel but have gotten quite used to hitting the space bar in its place. I also then use the Ctrl, click in place of the second mouse button for contextual menus. Just as the previous poster stated it is a keyboard and mouse procedure. I have read that the one button mouse is maintained by Apple to force a interface standard in OS X. Apple does not excluded the scroll wheel and multi button mice though that others enjoy. For the posters who state that the Apple Bluetooth mouse sucks, I find that statement to be a bit extreme for lacking a certain features. A block of wood as a mouse would be even suckier. I would suppose. The Apple Bluetooth keyboard is very good as well.
spindle

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Apple keyboard but I don't have bluetooth. I'm looking for another wireless keyboard with Apple shortcuts.

http://www.123macmini.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=409

Steve
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: